Things that drive me nuts about non~bully owners. ;)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I will agree with the pet peeve of calling them ugly! In my opinion they are the most adorable, beautiful dog breed ever! Or and alot of people think they are dumb. Honestly I have never met a stupid bulldog. I think they are super smart, they are just stubborn. He knows what you are asking for he just doesn't feel like doing it :)

hahahaha! Sooooo true! :p

Attachments

• IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0579.jpg
    IMG_0579.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0529.jpg
    IMG_0529.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0502.jpg
    IMG_0502.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 42

NASTYNATI

May 26, 2010
Tallahassee, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Wimbley
I dont like when people ask how much I paid for my dog... I also dont like when people say they look mean or look like boxers. I have even had someone ask if my dog was a pit bull (really)??? I frequently get asked if i want to breed my dog, I let them know that I had her fixed the first chance I could and that backyard breeding bulldogs will 9x out of 10 end horribly.

For the most part everyone that meets Wimbley just loves her. She is definately a "people puppy"

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
ahhh i hate it when people ask why i dont breed horse! they look at it as a way to make money, and think that just because i'm a single mom with not a lot of extra money, the answer to what they think are my "problems" is to breed my "expensive" dog. i'm sorry, but horse is our family member and not some animal used to make money. yes, i paid $3000 for him, but he is a member of our family, and we didnt bring him into our family to make money off of him. nor is it the resposible thing to do!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
My biggest "hater" towards non-EB owners is when they ask me...."So what medical problems have you had with him?" So instead of lying I tell them about his epilepsy. Then comes the question...."how much do you spend on him for medical issues?" Like it's any of their business. I love the "Wow, you've got yourself an expensive bulldog" and "have you ever thought of giving him up?" It floors me when someone says that. They have no idea what my financial status is. My husband said, "they probably are looking at you thinking you're a kid". Either way, it doesn't matter how old I am, or how old I look.........I'll spend every penny I have to keep both my babies as healthy as possible. And, I'm gonna feel real sorry for the next idiot who asks me if I'm gonna have him put down.

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
I Agree with Everyone! I'm not going to lie but I used to be one of those people who thought bulldogs were meanie dog :x Not until my boyfriend convinced me to get one. && Now i'm in LOVE!! lol. I Dont know what I would do without my two babies. They're far from mean! They full of lots love && kisses! :) My pet peeve tho is when they call my Chelios looks like a boxer! Or that my baby drooled all over them. Helloo He's just giving them welcome Kisses! Its not drool :p

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I still get mad when they say they are ugly. Yes, so ugly they are beautiful!! My grandpa (rest his soul) used to say baby was ugly, yet he had his camera out clicking away! I think he was in love with her deep down :)

Knuckles73

Jun 8, 2010
Pensacola, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Oscar
I used to get the "hey man you gonna breed him" question from my new neighbors until... I told maybe, but that he would have to get his own AKC registered EB female and IF I approved of her bloodline and health check (at his expense) and was willing to pay the $500 stud fee plus vet costs for his female which run about $3-$5k if... IF his female got pregnant on the first try. Then anything is possible. "$5000?? Nevermind." He hasn't asked me since.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I agree I hate the why did you neuter and not breed question. Does everyone think that every purebred should breed? Can you imagine how many dogs there would be out there if we all did this?!?!!? As if it isnt already too many now.

I love my Mona

May 22, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona
I get this one all the time to:

~ Do you breed them ? You could make some money cause they sell for a lot of money (drives me nuts !!!)

I always say, yea and it cost money to have them to, bulldogs are difficult to breed at times cause of there build, and that is why they are so high priced (at least that is what I have heard and read, and the vet told me that also)

Mona gets fixed on the 9th...

I just know if I ever did decide to have bred her I would have had a house full of bullies cause I wouldnt want to get rid of non of them..lol

LuvBully26

Mar 8, 2010
Henderson. NV
Bulldog(s) Names
Buda,Bentley,Bella,Diesel, & Gia
It takes a certain person to love and understand the bullies. The others just don't get it. I love all dogs but Bullies are my all time favorite.

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
The realtor...
so, we rent our house and it's now on the market and the realtor is very rude and not friendly to Horse, so whenever she comes here, he barks at her like he's gonna eat her! She has never tried to "introduce" herself to him. Every time she calls to say she's coming here, she says "and make sure that dog is restrained, or even better not there". I am usually home, and if i'm not Horse is with me, so it's not like he's in the house loose by himself when she comes here. Today, she brought her "staff" of 15 people to see the house. Now, most dogs would be a little uncomfortable if 15 people just came in the house, so we stayed outside the whole time to avoid dealing with this crazy woman. On their way out, most stopped to meet Horse, and he was such a good boy! The last woman said, while keeping her distance,"is that an english bulldog? they are such ugly dogs aren't they?" i said "if you get down on his level and snort like a bulldog, he will give you bullly hugs and kisses!" needless to say she walked away with nothing else to say. grrrr, wish people wouldn't be so rude to our Horsie sometimes!

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'd like to say a naughty word, but I won't. It starts with a B...........does it count as malicious name calling if it is used to refer to a female dog? Well, that's what she is if you get my drift.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow that is sadly amazing! Who would have the balls to say something like that?!?! We need a great comeback for this situation. I am sorry and appauled, seriously.

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
The realtor...
so, we rent our house and it's now on the market and the realtor is very rude and not friendly to Horse, so whenever she comes here, he barks at her like he's gonna eat her! She has never tried to "introduce" herself to him. Every time she calls to say she's coming here, she says "and make sure that dog is restrained, or even better not there". I am usually home, and if i'm not Horse is with me, so it's not like he's in the house loose by himself when she comes here. Today, she brought her "staff" of 15 people to see the house. Now, most dogs would be a little uncomfortable if 15 people just came in the house, so we stayed outside the whole time to avoid dealing with this crazy woman. On their way out, most stopped to meet Horse, and he was such a good boy! The last woman said, while keeping her distance,"is that an english bulldog? they are such ugly dogs aren't they?" i said "if you get down on his level and snort like a bulldog, he will give you bullly hugs and kisses!" needless to say she walked away with nothing else to say. grrrr, wish people wouldn't be so rude to our Horsie sometimes!
Post something like this on your front door....
Rules for Non-Pet Owners Who Visit and Like to Complain About Our Pets:

1. They live here. You don't.

2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the
furniture.

3. I like my pet a lot better than I like most people.

4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

5. Dogs and cats are better than kids. They eat less, don't ask for money all the time, are easier to train, usually come when called, never drive your car, don't hang out with drug-using friends, don't smoke or drink, don't worry about buying the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, don't
need a gazillion dollars for college, and if they get pregnant, you can sell the results.

Or say "The average dog is a nicer person than the average person".

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.