Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Things that drive me nuts about non~bully owners. ;)

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

They ARE mean! That tongue licking everyone they meet, I mean who wouldnt be scared. lmao. I can see how they could be intimidating with that big ol' head and mouth but why would he be there if he was gonna attack. FUNNY!

I have never had a second thought of the "noise" they make either. I love their sounds but I guess thats why I am a bully owner.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I just love their soft skin. Tidus has an especially saggy wrinkley nape under his chin and neck. Last night I sat on the floor to play with Molly and the pups. It was so cute, because Tidus climbed up on my lap and just plopped down and cuddled. Then Molly proceeded to give him and myself a cleaning (miss super tounge!). Yuna is Mrs. curious so she just ran around looking for potential chew toys/chew furniture.

Sedona, our 10 month old daughter sat with all of us, and she just loves the bulldogs. I remember when she took one look at Molly and started crying- she did not want "whatever that thing is" near her..... Now playing with them is her favorite thing to do!!!
    aka "Bullpapa DeLano" on facebook

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I will agree with the pet peeve of calling them ugly! In my opinion they are the most adorable, beautiful dog breed ever! Or and alot of people think they are dumb. Honestly I have never met a stupid bulldog. I think they are super smart, they are just stubborn. He knows what you are asking for he just doesn't feel like doing it

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tessa&Samson View Post
    I will agree with the pet peeve of calling them ugly! In my opinion they are the most adorable, beautiful dog breed ever! Or and alot of people think they are dumb. Honestly I have never met a stupid bulldog. I think they are super smart, they are just stubborn. He knows what you are asking for he just doesn't feel like doing it

hahahaha! Sooooo true! :p

Bulldog(s) Names
    Wimbley
    Likes (Received)

I dont like when people ask how much I paid for my dog... I also dont like when people say they look mean or look like boxers. I have even had someone ask if my dog was a pit bull (really)??? I frequently get asked if i want to breed my dog, I let them know that I had her fixed the first chance I could and that backyard breeding bulldogs will 9x out of 10 end horribly.

For the most part everyone that meets Wimbley just loves her. She is definately a "people puppy"

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh I agree, I HATE when people ask how much I paid for Samson. So rude! It's amazing how many times in 4 years I have been asked that question.

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member laurentourville's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren Tourville
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Horse
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

ahhh i hate it when people ask why i dont breed horse! they look at it as a way to make money, and think that just because i'm a single mom with not a lot of extra money, the answer to what they think are my "problems" is to breed my "expensive" dog. i'm sorry, but horse is our family member and not some animal used to make money. yes, i paid $3000 for him, but he is a member of our family, and we didnt bring him into our family to make money off of him. nor is it the resposible thing to do!

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

My biggest "hater" towards non-EB owners is when they ask me...."So what medical problems have you had with him?" So instead of lying I tell them about his epilepsy. Then comes the question...."how much do you spend on him for medical issues?" Like it's any of their business. I love the "Wow, you've got yourself an expensive bulldog" and "have you ever thought of giving him up?" It floors me when someone says that. They have no idea what my financial status is. My husband said, "they probably are looking at you thinking you're a kid". Either way, it doesn't matter how old I am, or how old I look.........I'll spend every penny I have to keep both my babies as healthy as possible. And, I'm gonna feel real sorry for the next idiot who asks me if I'm gonna have him put down.

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member Kikiwhoa21's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicky! :)
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chev Chelios && Faith
    Likes (Received)

I Agree with Everyone! I'm not going to lie but I used to be one of those people who thought bulldogs were meanie dog :x Not until my boyfriend convinced me to get one. && Now i'm in LOVE!! lol. I Dont know what I would do without my two babies. They're far from mean! They full of lots love && kisses! My pet peeve tho is when they call my Chelios looks like a boxer! Or that my baby drooled all over them. Helloo He's just giving them welcome Kisses! Its not drool

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I still get mad when they say they are ugly. Yes, so ugly they are beautiful!! My grandpa (rest his soul) used to say baby was ugly, yet he had his camera out clicking away! I think he was in love with her deep down

Bulldog(s) Names
    Oscar
    Likes (Received)

I used to get the "hey man you gonna breed him" question from my new neighbors until... I told maybe, but that he would have to get his own AKC registered EB female and IF I approved of her bloodline and health check (at his expense) and was willing to pay the $500 stud fee plus vet costs for his female which run about $3-$5k if... IF his female got pregnant on the first try. Then anything is possible. "$5000?? Nevermind." He hasn't asked me since.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I agree I hate the why did you neuter and not breed question. Does everyone think that every purebred should breed? Can you imagine how many dogs there would be out there if we all did this?!?!!? As if it isnt already too many now.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads