OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Phew.. nice to know it's not just my crazy pup. Any idea if this guarding tendency is just a bulldog thing, or do all dogs do this? (Blue is the first dog we ever had).
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] We've been working with him and he gets it, but he just doesn't seem to care. He's very aggressive with toys, won't even drop one for a treat.

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
HAHAHAHAH yes!!!! I throw the ball Chesty will chase it then once he finds it he will stand there and bark at me ( like look i found it, now come get it) so I will walk over and he lets me take the ball without a fight. Then he whines at me like throw it so you can go fetch it. So yes i play fetch with myself. but after about 6 throws he's over the game and wants to take a snooze.

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
April loves fetch inside -outside I guess there is to much going on - out of all the toys we have bought her she loves gloves ..... gloves of any kind .......gloves ...... leather work gloves rubber coated work gloves ...... hunting gloves ...... jersey gloves ..... yellow fuzzy farmer gloves ......she will fetch a glove in a heart beat - didnt know i owned so many DAMN GLOVES ......one of these days im going to freak her the hell out -im going to walk in after work and throw her some MITTENS !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
April loves fetch inside -outside I guess there is to much going on - out of all the toys we have bought her she loves gloves ..... gloves of any kind .......gloves ...... leather work gloves rubber coated work gloves ...... hunting gloves ...... jersey gloves ..... yellow fuzzy farmer gloves ......she will fetch a glove in a heart beat - didnt know i owned so many DAMN GLOVES ......one of these days im going to freak her the hell out -im going to walk in after work and throw her some MITTENS !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

She is going to look at you like wth is this?? Lmbo

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Yeah, they get kinda bored chasing the ball. After a while it turns into you chasing them and the ball. Starting to think Bullies should be a lot higher on the Doggie intelligence list, or we should be a lot lower on the intelligence list?

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Too funny, such characters these bullies:) Bazza loves chasing balls, he brings them back, but only gives it up in his own time, like when you ignore him because if you try and take it from him he will not give it up, he will finally rub the slobbery ball all over us and then drop it, it is actually annoying when we have visitors, because he will do it to them when they don't really want to play with a wet ball.

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Winston is a funny boy. He brings me the ball back to show me that he's got it and then will push it against my leg or arm and squeak it like a maniac. If I reach for the toy, he runs off growling and doing a happy dance. It's really pretty funny to watch. If I stop "playing" his game with him, then he'll find someone else to do this with. It's his way of showing off that he's got the awesome squeaky toy!

sethck89

Oct 13, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Humphrey
Humphrey actually will bring me a ball, a rope, or a bone. If I go to grab it from him, he play-growls and jumps away. However, if I ignore him, he jumps up and either holds the toy on me or drops it out of his mouth onto my arm or leg. Then, when I go to grab it, he snatches it up again. He also likes to play chicken and jump at me, only to bounce back in the opposite direction. He's a weirdo!!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Delilah is ball CRAZY. She will fetch all day long if you let her. To the point of exhaustion, haha.

She'll chase it and bring it right back and drop it at your feet. and if you don't throw it again, she starts getting mad and making noises at you and she'll keep rolling it towards you. Occasionally she'll do the guarding then, but she's always wanting someone to take it from her so she can go get it again. Eventually she'll lay down and just chew on it.

Susie

Jul 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Howie
I am so glad to hear that my EB is normal. I thought we failed in training him when it comes to fetching the ball.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh BOY this sounds like Winston!!! He LOVES those Kong glow-balls... but of course he wants us to chase him w/the ball!!! :rofl:

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Haha ya. Daisy will go and get it then bring in back ans she does pretty much the same thing.. Drops it and then does the lil butt up in the air wiggle.. And when I try to grab it she will grab it up and run..

This is Aubie exactly.

Members online

No members online now.