Vegas was an Angel this time,.... ALMOST!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
The girl I hired came out again this afternoon to spend time with Vegas before we left for our trip. Remember the first meeting where he kept humping her and running like he had done a hit of speed?? Well today he proved himself. She walks in the door, he sniffs, excited to see her. She sits on the couch and calls him over, he turns for his butt scratch. He then wanted out, giving me that low grumble at the door, which was good so now she will know, he went out ATE SAND and come back in with sand dripping out of his mouth. :cursing:

I am beyond happy Stephanie will be staying here and I know that Vegas will be in good hands. Vegas came in from outside and just hit the tiles, and layed there the whole time. I kept telling her this is what he really is about. Sooo happy he did not hump her this time!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
See, he is a great boy, he loves his sand! I hope he behaves while you are gone, he may be setting you up

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Good boy, Vegas! (except for the sand part, LOL)!! You're lucky to have someone trustworthy watching him, Kelly. Will she be living at your house while you're away?
I need to start looking for someone to stay here when I go on vacation too. I'm planning a trip in 2015 and i'm frantic about what i'll do with the boys. I figure i have over a year to do some research at least.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
See, he is a great boy, he loves his sand! I hope he behaves while you are gone, he may be setting you up

I told her if he humps her to just crate him, she told me she would deal with it and not to worry. I love her!! And bless her heart, she brings me a birthday card with a $25 gift card. Was not expecting that. So now on top of what I am paying her, the same as if I boarded him. (she only wants a T-shirt, LOL) I will be getting her a gift card for Starbucks from Vegas, Jester and the fish.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Good boy, Vegas! (except for the sand part, LOL)!! You're lucky to have someone trustworthy watching him, Kelly. Will she be living at your house while you're away?
I need to start looking for someone to stay here when I go on vacation too. I'm planning a trip in 2015 and i'm frantic about what i'll do with the boys. I figure i have over a year to do some research at least.

Yes I trust her that much! She will be living here all week, I had to go buy lots of junk food for her, lol. I told her to make sure it was all ate before I got home!!! She is 20 works full time and goes to college part time, she is a gem!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I told her if he humps her to just crate him, she told me she would deal with it and not to worry. I love her!! And bless her heart, she brings me a birthday card with a $25 gift card. Was not expecting that. So now on top of what I am paying her, the same as if I boarded him. (she only wants a T-shirt, LOL) I will be getting her a gift card for Starbucks from Vegas, Jester and the fish.

:up: So glad you will be worry free for you b-day and vacation .... :hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is such good news, I am actually shocked he behaved that well! :yikes:

I mean, I always knew you were fibbing because he always has been an :angel:

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Wonderful, I had the same thought, he's setting you up! He'll go buck wild with her while your away!! Nah, he'll be a good boy! When we had our dane we had a fellow Marine come stay at our place, he enjoyed getting outta the barracks for a while and we trusted him to keep our house in order and take care of our baby, best way to do it if you have someone trustworthy!

ETA: He did this a few times and was actually the one staying with her while we were gone and she passed, he felt horrible, he cried with us, he went with us to have her cremated, He really felt horrible even though it was nothing that he had done! However it was great that he stuck around to help my husband load her up to go to the crematory and even tagged along!

Last edited:
OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh NO [MENTION=8769]jlcox24[/MENTION] that is horriable!! What a great guy, so sorry for your loss!!

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Oh NO @jlcox24 that is horriable!! What a great guy, so sorry for your loss!!

It was very hard, thankfully we were on our way home we had just gotten up to finish our trip home from a overnight stop, he said she just didn't wake up, he tried to get her up to go out and realized she wasn't alive, there was nothing he could have done, it was just hard not being there, but we had no way of knowing........freak thing, i'm just glad he was there and she was home rather than have been boarded up!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
It was very hard, thankfully we were on our way home we had just gotten up to finish our trip home from a overnight stop, he said she just didn't wake up, he tried to get her up to go out and realized she wasn't alive, there was nothing he could have done, it was just hard not being there, but we had no way of knowing........freak thing, i'm just glad he was there and she was home rather than have been boarded up!

I'm so very sorry to hear of her passing. Some people say that their pets wait until their owners are out of the house before they pass away so it will be easier on them (the owners). Their last unselfish act. :heart: :heart: :heart:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL

yeah, thank god and I have to agree with [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION], maybe she knew... bless her heart!!

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
could have been she was young, only 2, after passing her breeder said a sister passed suddenly too, she stopped breeding thinking it could have been a genitic line of heart issues.. it's been 4 yrs, we still have her ashes on our desk along with a stone paw print, and if I could have cloned her I would have! She was perfect! I never thought we could have a dog that would have the personality, love, or just compare! Ollie however sure does!! I think he was sent to us for a reason, and it's amazing how it played out with getting him!

Most Reactions