Petco and Nylabones

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
So I went to Petco the other day to get Chesty a Nylabone and most of the ones they had were flavored and chicken flavored at that well, chesty of course has an allergy to chicken and the pack of two were bacon flavored and the other was chicken flavored and one of the employees was trying to help me find one that wasn't chicken flavored, so she opened two packs and took the chicken flavor out ad replaced it with the bacon one. so instead of me spending 16 dollars on a pack of two where chesty could only have one she switched them out so i spent 16 dollars on two bacon ones. ( i hope that makes sense.) and then i told her how thankful i was for her doing that!!! she said it was no big deal and that she was going to start ordering a small order of chicken free nylabones so she got my name and number so she could let me know when they get some. I just think it was the nicest thing for her to do that!!! Petco definitely is Amazing everyone is so friendly and helpful, and they love chesty :heart: ..but who wouldn't!! Then the lady at the grooming place at petco came out because she seen Chesty and said he was way to adorable and she gave me a free sample of a Whimzee ( which is like a greenie only better they are grain free and they are vegetarian) but when she gave it to me she said i'm only supposed to give these to my customers but he's so cute i can't help myself..and also she gave me a coupon for 25% off grooming!!! This is why I go to Petco truly amazing people that care about customers and there pets!!! I can't wait till the Halloween costume contest at petco on the 26th..Now i only got to figure out what to make chesty for Halloween!:doghalloween:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
AWE that is Awesome I wish we had a Petco here but I think the closest on is about 45 minutes away.

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
I often shop at Petco as well. I have yet to have anyone treat me anything but great.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's awesome, that she did that. be careful with the eatable chew bones, like Greenies, as they can choke on them. I would supervise when they are chewing them if you want to give them to Chesty. We do not give ours those, as we do not want to take a chance. I have started buying my Nylabones at Krogers, because the big bone I buy for ours is almost half price as Petco or PetSmart.

OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] oh chesty is always supervised when he has an edible bone, and he actually doesn't try to eat it fast he takes his time with it, which i find strange only because he chows down on his food like someone is going to take it!. But I don't get his pet food there is is so expensive i get his Dog food at Agway its about 13 dollars cheaper then at the pet store. But i buy all Chestys toys and other stuff there.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How awesome was all that.... Gotta love real pet lovers! Can't wait to see Chesty I his Halloween costume

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
That's awesome, that she did that. be careful with the eatable chew bones, like Greenies, as they can choke on them. I would supervise when they are chewing them if you want to give them to Chesty. We do not give ours those, as we do not want to take a chance. I have started buying my Nylabones at Krogers, because the big bone I buy for ours is almost half price as Petco or PetSmart.

I didn't realize Kroger had Nylabone we have a Kroger here locally. I'm going to check it out!!!

being a bulldog Mom ROCKS!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=8610]Jennifer Clark[/MENTION] We buy this bone sometimes because Diva loves it and it's $15.39 at Petsmart and $8 something at the Kroger by our house. Same bone, just different packaging, still made by Nylabone.

Nylabone.jpg

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Love good customer services stories! It also helps when Chesty is such a heart breaker! :inlove:

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
@Jennifer Clark We buy this bone sometimes because Diva loves it and it's $15.39 at Petsmart and $8 something at the Kroger by our house. Same bone, just different packaging, still made by Nylabone.

View attachment 57980
Thanks Sheldon loves Nylabones and anytime I can get a break on them I take it. I will be taking a look at our local Kroger. Thanks so much!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I get good deals on Nylabones on Ebay, from Valuepetsupplies, or you can go to their website and order.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
Petsmart or petco and walmart and target and stuff like that are where i can get chesty his toys i refuse to buy toys from Target or or walmart and petsmart is nice but they are not as friendly i think. Petco they are friendly they have a rewards system (: so i'll stick to them for toys, The agway near me has all the dog food but no toys. so ill just stick with Petco (:

TLindstrom

Oct 12, 2013
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Spartacus
So Nylabones are a good chew for bullies? We saw something years ago on dogs eating them and then it sits in the dogs stomache causing all kinds of issues. Since seeing that, we have never bought them again. I was told by a friend who has a french bulldog that they shouldn't have rawhide. This is all new to us. I don't want to give my baby anything that will harm him. I have so much to learn about my bully!

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
So Nylabones are a good chew for bullies? We saw something years ago on dogs eating them and then it sits in the dogs stomache causing all kinds of issues. Since seeing that, we have never bought them again. I was told by a friend who has a french bulldog that they shouldn't have rawhide. This is all new to us. I don't want to give my baby anything that will harm him. I have so much to learn about my bully!

I get the really tough ones the ones that are virtually impossible to chew up I test the weight the thickness density and such!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.