Fleas!!!! why???

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
Hey guys! Our lil buddy went to the vet yesteray to have his vaccine. Today mom noticed a spot on his neck and when she looked closer it was a flea!!! We were wondering if he have it before and just noticed it now or coule he have gotten it from playing with other dogs from the clinic. He is always inside th3 house and just plays with humans so i cant understand why we had him for 2 weeks and just now fleas started coming. I remembered he visited the vet 4x in the past 2 weeks. The vet said we can bathe when he is 4months old??? Once h3 is all strong and healthy. But if we can see fleas, isnt it time to bathe him with special shampoo???

P.s. from 1.5 kg now bert is in 2.3kgs. Since he doesnt like dog food too much we are feeding him fish and fruits. He loves it! :)

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
We use flea (and tick)treatment all the time to prevent my girls getting them -i would recommend you get some kind of flea treatment too
Fleas are everywhere from what i gathered they can also jump quite high,sadly not everyone looks after their dogs as they should -i noticed it at my vets ,so its a battle to keep our babies protected

OP
elairiffic

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
We use flea (and tick)treatment all the time to prevent my girls getting them -i would recommend you get some kind of flea treatment too
Fleas are everywhere from what i gathered they can also jump quite high,sadly not everyone looks after their dogs as they should -i noticed it at my vets ,so its a battle to keep our babies protected

Ill make sure to get that treatment for bert. Mom did a physical exam but didnt find another flea. Told her they can lay eggs on berts hair so she should still give him treatment. Thanks patti. Btw how often can we bathe him?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Fleas are quick to JUMP when near new 'blood', probably got it at the vet or one the way in the office.

Not sure if you have Dawn dish soap, but when you can bathe him that kills fleas. For now you can spray apple cider vinegar to kill them.
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]... ACV Is OK for a pup his age, right?

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I got Dudley at 8 weeks old. He got into so mud...my boyfriend that it was cute! So Dudley had is first bath at about 10 weeks. He's almost 3 years old (December). He gets a bath about every 8 to 10 weeks...I don't want to dry out his skin!

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Curly is 14 weeks and we gave him his first bath at about 10 weeks. The breeder we got him from started bathing him at 7 weeks. Since curly is still not stable on his feet, sometime he walks into his poop which warrants a bath.

Our other dog was constantly trampling in his poop when he was a puppy and getting covered in it so he got a lot of baths from the time he was 7 wks

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
It's just that time of year for fleas. We bathe Ruthie in dawn dish soap, it works wonders and kills the fleas immediately. It's not harsh on her skin either. I don't use any other flea protection than that because I have personally found that frontline and those kind of things, don't work.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.