Heat side effects

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Question about Mayas first heat. She is a pitt, not a bulldog, but I havent been able to find anything online at all and thought this would be a good place to turn.

Maya is finishing up her first heat. She hasnt had an accident in the house in forever, but I noticed lately she "leaks". She is done with the bleeding stage, but the other morning there was a wet spot the size of my hand or so on my bed where she was sleeping. The spot didnt smell like pee, or really anything at all. I chaulked it up to maybe her licking. Then last night when my bf came to bed much later than me he said there was a large wet spot on the bed where she was laying. THEN this morning, she left a puddle almost two feet wide by two feet in the kitchen. It was clear, and slightly smelly, but not like pee. She was hiding in her cage as if she had peed and knew better...

If it were a UTI, wouldn't she be peeing a little and often? It has happened twice in her sleep and once much bigger while she was awake, but never smells like pee.

I did see one post on a mastiff board about a pup that experiences incontinence after every heat...

Any thoughts? Anyone else experience this? Trying to decide if this is vet worthy or not...she does not seem to be in any pain or displaying any signs of discomfort or anything wrong...

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It should stop in a few days, and if not, you might get her checked for a UTI. Their system does go crazy when they are in heat though.

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
It should stop in a few days, and if not, you might get her checked for a UTI. Their system does go crazy when they are in heat though.

So the big puddles could be heat related?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=6215]Noyes27[/MENTION] yes, but it's more than likely pee, from her heat. Her hormones are going nuts right now and everything is messed up, so to speak. If she was going more frequently, I would say check for a UTI.

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
[MENTION=6215]Noyes27[/MENTION] yes, but it's more than likely pee, from her heat. Her hormones are going nuts right now and everything is messed up, so to speak. If she was going more frequently, I would say check for a UTI.

Interesting. Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it. And we will be spaying before the next heat! Between the doggie diapers, panties, pads, and now this I have done more laundry in the past 3 weeks than in my entire life!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online