The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
When I look up coconut oil online it looks like it comes in a jar which makes me think that it is like a paste. Is that so? I was expecting an oil like salmon oil.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
When I look up coconut oil online it looks like it comes in a jar which makes me think that it is like a paste. Is that so? I was expecting an oil like salmon oil.

Its a solid below 76° above 76° it becomes a liquid

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you! Does that mean I should heat it up to make it liquid?

I heat it till its a little softer then mix it really good with his food

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
I am feeding the bland diet right now, beef and white rice, and adding probiotics and salmon oil. Because of allergies. Can I substitute coconut oil for salmon oil? Or should I be giving both?

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I am feeding the bland diet right now, beef and white rice, and adding probiotics and salmon oil. Because of allergies. Can I substitute coconut oil for salmon oil? Or should I be giving both?

Really its which ever your baby tolerates the best Sheldon does well with both but I really like the coconut oil because he has less stinky gas and he LOVES his new food and he loves it even more with the coconut oil on it every morning!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
We rub it on Harlea's belly when she gets a rash from the grass and we put it on her gums when she pulled a tooth out a few weeks ago and it helped it heal nicely. Also, for less mess we made a little plate of coconut oil droplets and put them in teh fridge and we just give her one of those a day as it is a solid below 76 degrees and a liquid above it.
I was just going to ask that Todd. I recently got some from Amazon and it was solid. I was wondering if it was bad or something.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Well i put some on chesty's coat, he loved it...only because he loves puppy massages!! i used to give him massages without the coconut oil so using the oil this time made no difference to him..but i did stick a teaspoon on his food /: oops hopefully he don't get the :poo: through out the night!!!

I use coconut oil on a Brie's nose and pads weekly or more if they are dry. I use it on her coat weekly as well. I don't put it in her food anymore as we use salmon oil in food. the vet said I need to be careful about her losing her curves...she loves it tho!

I have a stupid question..how do you get it on the coat? Rub it in your hands and massage it in? You use like a teaspoonful?

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I have a stupid question..how do you get it on the coat? Rub it in your hands and massage it in? You use like a teaspoonful?

I have used it on spots but I have never used it on his coat I too would like to know how to do this do you mix it with lotion....or rub it straight on the coat?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We rub it right on the coat and massage it in.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Well i put some on chesty's coat, he loved it...only because he loves puppy massages!! i used to give him massages without the coconut oil so using the oil this time made no difference to him..but i did stick a teaspoon on his food /: oops hopefully he don't get the :poo: through out the night!!!

I use coconut oil on a Brie's nose and pads weekly or more if they are dry. I use it on her coat weekly as well. I don't put it in her food anymore as we use salmon oil in food. the vet said I need to be careful about her losing her curves...she loves it tho!

We rub it right on the coat and massage it in.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
thanks Todd!

OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] Because coconut oil is a solid i melt it down to a liquid and then have someone pour it into my hands and i just rub it on him he loves it!!! If i say are you ready for your puppy massage he will run to the kitchen and sit and wait for his massage! hahah

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
@Chumley Because coconut oil is a solid i melt it down to a liquid and then have someone pour it into my hands and i just rub it on him he loves it!!! If i say are you ready for your puppy massage he will run to the kitchen and sit and wait for his massage! hahah
Thanks! Right now my hands my furniture and my dog all smell like coconut...not too bad though!

Members online

No members online now.