A new home for mimi

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
Im so upset, im pretty sure we have to get rid of Mimi she is quite aggressive with other dogs and puppies, this morning she went after Rebel and ended up biting my husband in the process, then later my mom came over with her 3 month old puppy and i had a really hard time holding her back from trying to go after him, i dont know how to fix the kind of aggression she is showing, im totally stressed about it i really dont want her to end up in the wrong hands

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That isn't good when they get like that. Biting her owner and wanting to injure a pup is not normal. How old is she? Sometimes their thyroid levels can be off and wil cause this. I would get her checked by your vet and have her thyroid level checked.

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
She is 9 months, ya when she wenr after Rebel this moring i thought it was something i could fix but the way she went after that small puppy really scared me

- - - Updated - - -

She is 9 months, ya when she wenr after Rebel this moring i thought it was something i could fix but the way she went after that small puppy really scared me

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hummm 9 months old? Wow, I wouldn't think it would be Thyroid then, but could be. But there are some that just don't like other dogs. Sometimes a trainer can straighten them out, and I have seen others that no training in the world would help. We had a female that was like that. She would never bite us and she just loved people, but hated other dogs. So now she lives happily in Florida with a retired woman and is just happy, happy, happy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Katy... Can you get a trainer in to evaluated her? Also as David suggested make sure she is not having a health issue, as that can cause 'aggression/protective' behavior.

does she know you Rr alpha and shoes she listen when given commands? Have you read the 'nothing in life is free' training tool... Google it, it might help get her in line.

also, as David stated, some just need to be an only dog. Our girl Banks sooooo loves people and children, but other dogs well, it is hit or miss and mostly miss

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.