Gluing ears?

nikegirl44

Mar 20, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
So we have a 9 week old puppy Poppy who's ears fall forward. I'll show you a pic. Our 2 year old tubby ears are "back". Kind of hard to explain. On Instagram I saw someone post a pic of their bully puppy saying they had the vet glue her ears back, and when the glue come off naturally the ears will stay back. I guess it's a good thing because with ears that fall forward there are more issues with ear infections, that's what I heard.

Any ways, tubby's ears were like Hers before we got him at 12 weeks old, so I am assuming sometimes they naturally go back on there own, but not sure.

Has anyone heard of this? Anyone know the age that they naturally go back? Anyone try to glue them your selfs?

As you can see I don't know much about it, so just wanted to put it out there to see if anyone has experience with it?

Thanks!
epumyjeq.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If I were you, I would not glue them. At 9 weeks old they still have a very high chance of Rosing on their own. I've never glued a pups ears and never will, I've heard too many horror stories about hair falling off, infections, ect. I've seen young pups get theirs glued when they aren't even supposed to rise yet with horrible outcomes. Your pups is adorable even if they never rose :luv:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
My experience, Mimi didn't have her ears glued they were rose ears from the start,no ear infection problems. Tyler didn't have his ears glued, they fell forward, he had a lot of ear problems. Rudy's ears were falling forward, they were glued, ears ended up rose ears, very few ear problems. Mila, we tried glueing the ears but she (Crazy Little White Dog) kept playing so hard she pulled her ears loose. she now has gullwing ears and no ear problems. I my opinion if they are falling forward, glue them. It doesn't bother them Much after a few minutes. If there is another young bully in the house forget about it. They will play so hard the glue will last only a few minutes. Sounds mean but a few weeks of slight discomfort outweighs years of ear problems.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I do not breed or know anything about gluing.... But my boy had floppy ears... Never an year issues outside of an occasional infection.... My girl has rose ears., nothing but problems... Almost an infection every spring/fall. My point is, although the floppy ear needs to be cleaned more often due to no air getting in.... The rose ear has just as much issue if the pup has allergies or like to roll in the mud.

BTW.... I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE FLOPPY EARS. :heart: :luv:

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I never gave Dudley's ears a thought, other than cleaning them every few days! He's looking at me right now...one ear looks like it's flopping over and the other one seems to be back...ha! He's stinkin' cute either way. I wouldn't glue his ears...I don't care what he's ears look like and I clean them a lot...he's had the occasional ear infection, but nothing major. Your babies are beautiful!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Some show breeders will glue them back, I have never glued any of mine and they have always rosed back on their own. So if I were you, I wouldn't glue them. Here is one of ours at 10 weeks old, you can see his right ear.

10-07-12-1.jpg

And here he is at 7 months old, his ears rosed back fine and we never glued them.

IMAG0278.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Here is a photo of Maude's ear as a young pup-her ears are good now.maude.JPG:yes:

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
I'm a noob to the bulldog world myself. But when I picked up Dooley from the breeder at 8 weeks, she had glued his ears bacK just hours before. I love the way his ears look today but don't think I would do it to my next EBD. He'd seemed to be uncomfortable in the beginning and when the glue started to fall off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 722

SMeyer13

Jun 13, 2013
South Carolina
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Tucker had his ears glued back when I brought him home, they bothered him at first, but he got use to the glue. Once it started to fall out on it's own he began scratching at them again. I asked the vet to remove the glue, which they did, but whatever they used to remove the glue irritated him. He was left with hairless, sore spots where the glue had been. He bled a little from scratching at them. His ears are mostly rosed at this point

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk now Free

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.