Eating like a pig.

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi all am back again!! Lol

So since the day meaty came home Saturday when he gets fed he makes a pig of himself. He's that bad he makes him self coke and be sick. !! Any advice. He gets his injection today so il ask the vet too.

P.s so nice to see coco and meaty bonding e.g cleaning each other cuddling x
jetyvyhu.jpg

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Very cute! Sounds like you need to take some measures into slowing him down as that can potentially lead to health risks including bloat. You should look into slow feed bowls and slow feed balls. I'm currently using the ball and it has helped significantly

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Thanks .. Today a just put little by little in his dish surprise surprise he didn't choke lol x

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Hand feeding, slow feed bowls or even a larger bowl with a smaller bowl upside down in it works as well. You can also add a little water to their food.

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
This sounds like my oldest son! The picture of the two of them is too cute.

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
All advice here is great. When I first got Jagger he ate like a mad man and I actually had to take him to the vet because of bloat. First few week I hand fed him. ( He hated this ). I got a slow feed bowl which seemed to work. He would just get frustrated and flip it over. I bought a slow feed ball, he would either knock it out or flip the bowl over.
The best thing for us was water. It made him slow down a lot. Just be weary, once I started this Jagged would have to pee a lot :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
such a sweet picture!! Love that they are bonding.

add a little water to the food to help slow him down and/or the slow feed ball/bowls as others have suggested

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
That picture is so cute!! Winston used to do the same thing. We got him one of the stainless steel balls to go in his food to slow him down! He is 2.5 and still eats like a little piglet but the ball taught him when to take breathers and slow down!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon did that at first but it sort of tapered off after we started making him sit and wait for the command to eat. If he rushed us he didn't get the food only after he had done what we said did he get his food bowl put down....now he has developed this peculiar habit of having to have water put down with his food even if his water bowl is full you have to put a little in it so he will eat. My fault because I started doing it just to make sure he had fresh water down all the time and now the hubby gets aggravated at me because I started it and now Sheldon expects and won't eat unless you do it. LOL

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I just love that pic of them, so happy they are best friends know. As others have said either do like you are doing and put a little in his bowl at a time, we had to do that with Pearl, add some water to it, or get a slow feed bowl. He should out grow the choking once he gets a little older. Pearl did, and now she doesn't have any problems eating.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
That picture is adorable :luv:.

if you're feeding a dry kibble that contains Citric Acid as ingredient, don't wet the kibble as chances of bloat are increased.
This is based on a study that the College of Veterinary Medicine at Purdue did.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That picture is adorable :luv:.

if you're feeding a dry kibble that contains Citric Acid as ingredient, don't wet the kibble as chances of bloat are increased.
This is based on a study that the College of Veterinary Medicine at Purdue did.

:bigeyes: seriously? i have never heard that... it is a common ingredient in kibble?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
:bigeyes: seriously? i have never heard that... it is a common ingredient in kibble?

I think it's much more common in the crappy kibble as it's used as a preservative. It's not in Fromm, at least not the ones I checked.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think it's much more common in the crappy kibble as it's used as a preservative. It's not in Fromm, at least not the ones I checked.

yea, but I always tell people to add water to the kibble to help the dog slow down when eating.... gotta rephrase it going forward

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online