I'M SO MAD!!!!

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
So I went to the store today and I took Chesty for a ride because he loves to go bye byes...So I get to the store and I leave the windows down some. ( not all the way I didn't want him to jump out or get stolen) well anyways I run in the store to get milk and only milk. I pay and come back out to the car. I was gone maybe 3 mins at the most!!! well some lady is by my car and she says to me oh is that your dog, I say yes it is. she says well you should be ashamed of yourself!! I look at her dumb founded of course and say uhhh why she said you left your dog in the car with the windows up, I said no I did't they are down! as a matter of fact all 4 windows are down she said they are NOT down far enough and he could of died of a heat stroke!!! I said yeah maybe if it was 75 degrees or higher, ( i look at my phone) and say its 64 degrees out and the windows are down far enough and I just ran in to get milk I said he is fine..she said I should turn you in for animal cruelty...I looked at her and said Bit*h :censored: go ahead you don't know what your talking about...ugh she made me so mad!!!:cursing: I really just wanted to punch her in the face! oh and i took pictures of my widows so tell me what do you think!! Do you think they are down far enough!??? RANT OVER!

1380168_10201278828151749_1802881877_n.jpg ( taken from inside the car) 1382051_10201278827911743_1592322020_n.jpg ( taken before I got back in the car)

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
if its 64 yea i think they are down plenty and you said it was quick!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
At 64 deg, he could have stayed in there awhile. Good thing you didn't leave the keys in there, because looks like he was ready to drive. That's why I love the remote start on my car. I can leave it running with the doors locked and the A/C going, so they stay nice and comfy if I need to run inside real quick to grab something. I always park in front by a window, so I can see the car at all times.

OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
[MENTION=8769]jlcox24[/MENTION] yes I was not even in the store for 5 minuets!! It's a small store in a small little town, I was in and out in 3 minutes.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Gotta tell ya.... this picture is awesome!

attachment.php

I like David LOVE the remote start.... A/C or heat can stay on while I run in the store if needed

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
He was fine! But with all the bad stories you hear, she probably meant well even though she came off the complete wrong way like a total biatch. I don't blame you

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] yeah, i always make sure he is safe! I would never leave him alone in a car for a long period of time!! I was so mad at that lady for saying i pretty much abuse my dog! because i would never do that. It just makes me so angry

OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
[MENTION=9549]fastmatt613[/MENTION] I'm sure she did mean well but she was so rude and nasty about it and she was yelling so everyone could hear what she was saying like she was trying to get someone else involved in it!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
The windows were fine, and he was fine with it not being hot outside. Some people go to extremes, and don't mind their own business. They think it's their place to stick their nose where it doesn't belong, and try to be the hero, as if you did something wrong with your dog. It would be one thing if it was a hot day, and your dog was legitimately in danger, then she would have a reason to say something. I had a similar situation happen today with a busy body. I took Blossom for her morning block, accross the street where the river is, there is a litter park there, and a city garbage can. Blossom went poop, and then had a second little poop, I scooped them up in my poop bags that I always carry in my pocket, and started to walk over to the garbage to dump them. Blossom stopped to squat and go pee, so I let her pee, and then threw the poop bags in the garbage, I started to continue my walk, and this man who was out exercise walking, crossed over the street, and goes over to the grass where Blossom had pooped, and starts circling around looking at the grass, and all the while giving me dirty looks. I stop and I watch him, and then I say to him Is there a Problem? He looks at me and says, I hope you cleaned up after your dog. I said to him quite annoyed, Did you not just watch me pick up two bags of poop, and you watched me throw it in the trash? I said to him, I live isn't accross the street, and I always clean up after my dogs. He said Well I saw her crouching down after you picked up the poop. I said Yes, because she just went pee. You can't scoop up pee, but I always poop and scoop after my two dogs. I was so annoyed with him, but he was an older gentleman, and I can't be rude to old people. He said well I was just over there and there was a big poop from a large dog, and it happens all the time. I just waked away and said not from me. It is annoying though when people jump to conclusions and accuse you of things that aren't true. They judge you without knowing the situation,and try and be the dog police. Again I use my favourite saying, You Can't Fix Stupid. It works for so many situations. Lol. Sometimes we just have to ignore people.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
The ONLY time in my life or Vegas's that I left him in the car was at a liquor store (lol) I also have remote. air was running, I parked right in front of the door, I could see him the whole time. I bought a 12 pack of beer and I was a nervous wreck. Me of all people would have been the one to say something If I had seen that out of any one else. LOL, Really??? leave your dog in a car while you go buy beer??? baaaad bully mama!!! That is the only time I have ever done that, and like you in and out in less than 3 minutes. Watching my car the whole time. lol

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
I understand the dangers of leaving a dog in the car and all, but some people act like they are the dog in car police. Maybe this person really did mean well. I work in a store and I had a customer once freaking out because a dog was in someones car and told me we had to do something or she was going to call the police. The dog was fine. It wasn't hot, windows were cracked like your photo. It was a BMW. I didn't want to make an announcement over the intercom, so I did some profiling and approached the person in the store who I thought would be driving a BMW. Sure enough I picked correctly, and the lady went and got her dog. It was really a major overreaction on her part.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
[MENTION=9549]fastmatt613[/MENTION] I'm sure she did mean well but she was so rude and nasty about it and she was yelling so everyone could hear what she was saying like she was trying to get someone else involved in it!!

Then you should have spoke with your hands lol jk

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Queenbee

Oct 10, 2013
Ky, USA
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Alli Fattyliscious
It obviously isn't that hot at the moment and if you were in and out in 3 minutes I say no big deal. Because bulldogs can overheat at 75 degrees or more in no time at all. I think temps are in bully safe range for a short period of time. I have to admit though I am one of those crazy bulldog people who will tear you a new one if I see you leaving your bully in a car with the windows not down. I had a man at the Kroger who left his bullys in the car for nearly an hour. It was a super hot day in June the temps were upper 90s and I was getting in my car. My husband says look hun. I look over and see him pointing to two bulldogs in the car. He didn't crack the windows enough. Not even a finger's width. I sat watching these dogs in the car overheating until I finally had customer service page the intercom saying his car was being towed. It worked and he left the store in a hurry then.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
With the temp what iit was he would have been fine. By me in that same timeframe any bully would have been snatched by a crook.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.