PUPPY FOOD

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
Ok we usually feed Rebel Blue Buffalo Wilderness Grain Free and we have been feeding Memphis the same thing but its starting to get quite spendy, so my question is can i switch them to something thats not as expensive but is still very healthy?

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I'm not familiar with the price of that food. How big a bag do you get for what price? I switched Rocco from Kirkland Signature Puppy to Fromm's Beef Frittata (which is all stage) with no issues. I would have went with puppy gold but it has chicken and that upsets his stomach. I pay $65 for a 26 lb bag. Unsure how that relates to what you ar currently spending but it is for reference. The Fromm's Puppy Gold is a bit cheaper at about $55 per bag, however I am not sure if Puppy is grain free. Hope this helps somewhat. I would just check the food ratings in the diet and nutrition section and start comparing prices of the foods.

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Why did I think fromm's was so much more expensive?! I pay about $35 for 18 pounds of hollistic health extension.. I'm happy enough with it but we may or may not be dealing with allergies so we might have to switch eventually. I thought fromms had a much more significant price increase. Anyway. Done derailing this thread!

Rebelbaby, hope you find something that suits you both!

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki is on Nutrisource grain free Lamb it is about 49$ for a 30lb bag. It seems to be working just fine for him :) Dogfoodadvisor I feel is a really good site that tells you the star rating for each food. Maybe that will help?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Fromm's also has coupons from time to time. Like $10 off the 26lb bag or buy a 12lb or larger bag and get a 4lb bag free. Lots of people don't know about them as they are in stores only and not online plus most stores peel them off the bags and keep them behind the counter because people steal them so you have to ask. The place we buy our food hooks us up everytime we go in the store.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Fromm's also has coupons from time to time. Like $10 off the 26lb bag or buy a 12lb or larger bag and get a 4lb bag free. Lots of people don't know about them as they are in stores only and not online plus most stores peel them off the bags and keep them behind the counter because people steal them so you have to ask. The place we buy our food hooks us up everytime we go in the store.

Yep.... Our place does the same thing.... We get 26 lb bag of Pork n Peas for $71

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco

This is good information! Thanks! I'll press my luck on the next food run!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
I am feeding Gunny (5 1/2 months) Taste of The Wild Puppy. It is grain free which he needs. His face has been pink and his eyes have been a bit red at times as well. This is my first bully and I am not sure if his skin is naturally pink on his face under his white hair or not. But like I said his eyes do get red at times. I was able to see rather quickly after we got him that he needed grain free. I have looked for Fromm's but no one close to me carries it. I think I need to change his food but I am not sure what to try. :confused:

Last edited:

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I am feeding Gunny (5 1/2 months) Taste of The Wild Puppy. It is grain free which he needs. His face has been pink and his eyes have been a bit red at times as well. This is my first bully and I am not sure if his skin is naturally pink on his face under his white hair or not. But like I said his eyes do get red at times. I was able to see rather quickly after we got him that he needed grain free. I have looked for Fromm's but no one close to me carries it. I think I need to change his food but I am not sure what to try. :confused:

Did you go on fromms website and use the dealer locator? That's how I find the place five minutes from my house that has it. Also, you can order it online which is something else to look into. Members here get free shipping from petflow I believe

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
[MENTION=9549]fastmatt613[/MENTION] I did that and the closest is 45 min away. Thanks though! I am just going to ise the petflow site. How is their price comaped to where you buy it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
[MENTION=9549]fastmatt613[/MENTION] I did that and the closest is 45 min away. Thanks though! I am just going to ise the petflow site. How is their price comaped to where you buy it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

The exact same from what I remember. The only downfall is you have to order the food a couple days in advance but I don't think that's a big deal

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.