Walkies. !!!

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi all. Just after some advice. Coco loves going for her walks ano meaty is only 8 weeks old so we won't be taking his for a walk yet but when we went to take him to the vet he would have his coller on but wouldn't move with the lead any advice xx

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
At 8 weeks he may be too small for a harness but I'd see if you can find a harness to fit him. If not now, you're definitely going to want one in the future. As for him not walking on the lead, I would put it on him and try to get him to walk around the house with it to get used to it. You will probably have to give him a few small tugs at first but I think he should start to get used to walking on the leash. That's my opinion at least.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We started putting a harness on Harlea a day or two after we brought her home. We would only leave it on for a few minutes at a time and then take it off of her gradually building up the time she would wear it and then added the leash and let her drag it around the house. Now we can put it on her and leave it all day if we want and it doesn't bother her. She only wears a collar because it has her tags on it but we always hook the leash to the harness. As time went on she got used to it and now walks without issue. Just takes time and patience.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
We had an XS hardness, almost as large as it could go when June was 8 weeks. She was 9 lbs. and grew out of it after probably 2 weeks. Now we have a small on her and its about half as large as it can go. We've never had a collar on her because she wouldn't walk on the leash when she was that young and I was too scared of choking her. Plus when she was so little I carried her everywhere anyways :blush2:

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki is on a collar most of the time but he is not a puller at all he is far to shy to go investigate things. If we go on big adventures he is on his harness. He was not fond of the leash at first either but I would put it on him and have him drag it around to get used to it being behind him. Then as time went on I would start using it more often. Try finding a really light weight leash that he can barely tell is there. ( cat leashes work really well)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Treats to lure him

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Thanks all. The joy of being a bully mama ha

Most Reactions