Did the switch

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
Well i Just switched over from Taste of the wild to Fromm, I mixed his old with his new but he hasn't shown any interest in it yet, that could be due to the excitement that I'm home from work :mansfriend: Hopefully he likes it though!! I bought a 12 pound bag of the beef fritta and vegs and got a 4 pound bag of the pork and peas free! ( i wont complain on that) :w00t: I just worry a little bit because the food pieces are smaller then the TOTW dog food, and since chesty like to inhale his food and not chew i'm worried about him choking or something.:unsure: I've tried a slow feeder but he can't get any food out and i've tried to put a tennis ball in his food but he just steals the ball out. :p he's such a little turd!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He should be OK with the smaller pieces of food, none of mime have a problem with it, and several of mine suck it up pretty fast.

OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] hey thanks i'm hoping he will do ok with this dog food, but he is such a little pig! ( that should of been his name) lol

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I had the same situation with Chumley when I switched to Fromms. He didn't seem to care for the smaller pieces at first. For awhile I felt like I had the only EB that had reactions to Fromms ...both the beef and the pork and peas caused diarrhea, increased shedding and itching . I was ready to give up but tried the salmon tunalini at the suggestion of @blueberrysmom and it's he's been doing great on it!
"He's such a little turd" ha ha I love it!

OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] oh no that stinks, I hope chesty doesn't have any issues with Fromm Dog food because if he does we will Probably try Acana or go back to Natural Balance (LID) only because chesty hates fish anything he will not eat and with the Natural Balance I can pick from 3 or 4 different flavors for him.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We still put a bit of water on Harleas food and it has slowed her down a bit. We also have a smaller stainless steel bowl that we put upside down in her larger bowl ant that has worked the best for us to slow her down.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I actually switched from Natural Balance too which I really didn't have a problem with. It was a the vets suggestion during a time he was having allergy problems that I now know had nothing to do with the food. Please don't judge Fromms on my experience because most of the people on here have had great success with the beef and the pork and peas! I'm glad I tried the flavor change before giving up on it becAuse he inhales his dinner now and I have noticed no problems at all so far!

OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] that is a brilliant idea!!! I would of never of thought of that! thanks for the idea

[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] oh I won't judge Fromm on your experience...It just made me think a little more because chesty has allergies out the wazoo /: so hopefully this works for him and if not then it's probably back to Natural Balance

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I recently discovered a way to slow down Rook from inhaling his food... don't know if it would work for others... Rook LOVES bananas, and because they are soft and a little bit... sticky, i guess, he eats them slower. I usually share a banana with him in the mornings. One morning I was in a hurry, so I just sliced up his portion and mixed it in with his kibble. Dramatically slowed down how quickly he ate his breakfast, so now he gets his banana in his food every morning. :)

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Rocco has been on beef frittata for about a month and a half and has had no issues. Also, I bought the omega stainless slow feed ball and that has worked wonders in slowing him down. I had the same issues with the slow feed bowl where he couldn't get to the food. He's also a little turd lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We still put a bit of water on Harleas food and it has slowed her down a bit. We also have a smaller stainless steel bowl that we put upside down in her larger bowl ant that has worked the best for us to slow her down.

this is what I do with Banks too.... She is a vacuum cleaner when it comes to eating her meals

OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
[MENTION=3735]LaurenA[/MENTION] chesty will only eat a banana if he is in the mood for it. he's a little stink pot

AlphaOfGino

Sep 8, 2013
Southern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gino
I'm starting to think Gino is having a reaction to Fromm's Beef and Veg. He's shedding A LOT more, is more itchy, and is developing bald spots. Took him to two different vets and both vets dont see any mites or mange in his bald spots. So im thinking its allergies.

He was on Blue buffalo's Salmon kibble but his chin was getting too raw so i switched him to Fromm Beef and Veg. I wonder if just switching flavors would help.. Like go to Pork and Peas versus switch a whole brand completely.

mzza111

May 16, 2013
Orange County, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy (May 2013- March 2015)
Gypsy was on Taste of the Wild when I got her in May. I heard so many good things about Fromms so I started the switch to Pork & Peas. It was awful! She started itching, shedding like crazy and now has an interdigital cyst. I was so disappointed. I switched to the Beef Frittata but she didn't do any better. I'm now slowly switching her back to TOTW.

Good Luck!

Ami

OP
Katielyn

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
oh no, these comments worry me i hope chesty does well on the Fromm, I'm getting so frustrated with changing his dog food!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.