Real Name
    Mae
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gino
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Did the switch

I'm starting to think Gino is having a reaction to Fromm's Beef and Veg. He's shedding A LOT more, is more itchy, and is developing bald spots. Took him to two different vets and both vets dont see any mites or mange in his bald spots. So im thinking its allergies.

He was on Blue buffalo's Salmon kibble but his chin was getting too raw so i switched him to Fromm Beef and Veg. I wonder if just switching flavors would help.. Like go to Pork and Peas versus switch a whole brand completely.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gypsy (May 2013- March 2015)
    Likes (Received)

Gypsy was on Taste of the Wild when I got her in May. I heard so many good things about Fromms so I started the switch to Pork & Peas. It was awful! She started itching, shedding like crazy and now has an interdigital cyst. I was so disappointed. I switched to the Beef Frittata but she didn't do any better. I'm now slowly switching her back to TOTW.

Good Luck!

Ami

Real Name
    Katie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester Winston (Chesty)
    Likes (Received)

oh no, these comments worry me i hope chesty does well on the Fromm, I'm getting so frustrated with changing his dog food!!!
    Katie & Chesty

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

Our bullies allergies are so crazy! Loki will almost immediately react to chicken with hives then itches it takes a good week for the symptoms to go away even though we stopped after one cup of the other food. I think that this time of year is also really a hard time to change and notice proper results due to seasonal allergies as well as blowing their coats for the winter. I think that changing foods is one of the hardest things since it seems that almost everyone has different results with different proteins. As other members have said with Fromm's you can change from one flavor to the other without a transition period if I am remembering correctly. Also when switching food remember that you should cut out treats or things other then the food then that way you can try to determine if the food is causing allergies or something else. Hang in there you will get it figured out even if it takes a while
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Bulldog(s) Names
    Koozer
    Likes (Received)

Just curious, why the switch if he was doing fine on TOTW? It too is a very highly rated food so you can't go wrong with it. Koozer is on TOTW and has never had an allergy problem (knock on wood). Hope Fromm works well for you...good luck

Real Name
    Katie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester Winston (Chesty)
    Likes (Received)

@Gfitz911 he did fine on TOTW but he can only have one flavor of it because of all his allergies and after about 2 1/2 months on it he was refusing to eat it ( lets face it I wouldn't want to eat the same flavor everyday) So I wanted to switch to another brand to were he could switch flavors and not have to worry about transitioning, yes Fromm is a great dog food but he can only have two flavors on that. I guess that's better then one. But we will see how it goes.
    Katie & Chesty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads