bert became a picky eater?

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
Hey guys. Bert visited the vet today and was given vaccines and deworm. He finished eating the hills prescription canned food and we are now getting him back to the normal dog food he was having before. PROBLEM IS, HE DONT WANNA EAT. He should be out of this special dog foo 2 days ago but mom noticed that he doesnt wanna eat the normal dog food so she bought two cans again until his next vet visit.he is very playful so we are sure theres nothing wrong with him and he's just being picky since he was used to the good tasting dog food he ate for 7 days. What should we do? Unfortunately we cant keep him on the hills prescription food coz it is sooooo expensive! Any tips so we can make him eat? Could this be an effect of the deworm? Ive seen somewhere that if the dog didnt eat 15mins after the food was served, the food should be taken away and should try feeding again on the next scheduled feeding. Im not really sure if this is applicable to bert since we are trying to increase his weight. Heeeeelp!!! (New problems coming out everyday :( )

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Try to hand feel him, or maybe put a little broth in it and if he eats that way you can slowly wean him off it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with David.. Add some water or broth to get him interested

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​What is the regular dog food he was on before the Hill's Prescription Diet?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree, at his age he needs to eat... Brith or water should help...Is he eating the canned now again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
elairiffic

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
We are a bit worried coz when we look at bert he looks thin. But when i look at him on top or side view, he looks fat for his structure. Could it be that bert is like a mini eb.hehe. he is eating now thank goodness! But he eats little unlike when we serve him with the canned food, he asks for more. Can you tell if his weight is ok by looking at these?i mean is he underweight or what. I hink ribs are not showing or anything.
IMG_22095391291488.jpegreceived_m_mid_1381216869441_42efbd2c694ea22605_0.jpeg

received_m_mid_1380345000849_acc8efc34b54528640_0.jpeg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We are a bit worried coz when we look at bert he looks thin. But when i look at him on top or side view, he looks fat for his structure. Could it be that bert is like a mini eb.hehe. he is eating now thank goodness! But he eats little unlike when we serve him with the canned food, he asks for more. Can you tell if his weight is ok by looking at these?i mean is he underweight or what. I hink ribs are not showing or anything.
View attachment 57571View attachment 57572

View attachment 57570

He looks good to me, but I am not a puppy expert by any means. [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Weight wise he looks good to me, glad he's eating again!

Puppies are very prone to digestive upset, gas, parasites and more. Even the smallest changes can cause poo problems. So long as he's been tested for worms and other parasites, eating and drinking good, he will be okay. And he's super cute and smooshy I could just squeeze him!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He does look good in the pics, and happy he is eating. Pups need plenty of food and fresh water.

OP
elairiffic

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
Thanks guys! He is eating now when.he is hungry but he still cannot.finish the 100gram dog food the vet recommended. I was just wondering can we start giving him our food. Mom.cooked spaghetti and bert was clearly asking her for some,she gavr him a strand and she thinks he likes it. Coz when my brother ate,he was jumping infront of him asking for food. Weare just a bit worried coz he doesnt eat dog food and shows interest in our food. But his vet cleary advised not to let him eat any human food. His.already 10weeks turning 11 in 3 days.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks guys! He is eating now when.he is hungry but he still cannot.finish the 100gram dog food the vet recommended. I was just wondering can we start giving him our food. Mom.cooked spaghetti and bert was clearly asking her for some,she gavr him a strand and she thinks he likes it. Coz when my brother ate,he was jumping infront of him asking for food. Weare just a bit worried coz he doesnt eat dog food and shows interest in our food. But his vet cleary advised not to let him eat any human food. His.already 10weeks turning 11 in 3 days.

I would not feed any human food at this time.... if you want ot home cook for him, that is a good option, but no human food

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.