Smelly Kids

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
since we got the other kid it seems like our house has a certain smell, i dont mind it but other people have commented, is there a way i can get rid of that? they both get bathed weekly

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Make sure that their kennels and bedding is also changed or washed weekly we do Loki's twice a week. Bullies do have a very distinct smell I don't mind it either but we have had the same situation. There is also doggie cologne that you can get for a mid week freshener for them :)

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
oh yikes ! Thats not good I use a pet deodorizer. I wanna say its by Renuzit. Its got a citris/lysol smell about it. ITs strong at first but then fades... And no more puppy smell! Hope that helps

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Well I would suggest not inviting those people over anymore. Ha ha no seriously, maybe one of those wall plug in air fresheners? that is what we use.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I got small routine
Carpet cleaner (we got carpeted stairs and bedrooms +small rug in the living room)monthly
Steam cleaning floors daily ,hovering sofas twice a week, washing girls bedding weekly bathe them twice a week , washing cushion covers once a month
Our uk house is small probably size of an small apartment so i got to keep everything at bay
Ahhh plus i got a yankee candle (and tart) addiction lol

Last edited:

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
plug in fresherners, carpet powder they make one by arm and hammer pets...and i too have a candle and tart obsession!!! I think houses with dogs always tend to have a dog smell to them, if i know company is coming I get out the febreeze for a fresh up!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
When I clean my vacuum filters I use a really nice smelling cleanser so when I vacuum the house smells really good. I also steam mop the house every other day.

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
Are you afraid of drying their skin out by giving them 2 baths a week? And what kind of shampoo do you use. I give Stinky a bath every week and scare iy might dry his skin.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well I would suggest not inviting those people over anymore. Ha ha no seriously, maybe one of those wall plug in air fresheners? that is what we use.

That was my suggestion to.... Tell them to stay away. :D. I also use the wall plug in fresheners. I have hardwood floors on the first floor and clean with Murphy's oil soap... When people visit they say that is all they smell

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I mop my floors with a small amount of bleach every 48hours and my bullies don't get baths but I do use a lavender spritzer on them once a week and everyone that meets Amber and Ruby always say how good they smell. Neither of them are yeasty or have a smell other thant he faint smell of lavender. Get some lavender sprigs (flea market or hobby shop or natural lavender oil in any natural store) boil in a big pot with about 2 gallons of water. Then let it sit and cool completely; get a spray bottle from lowes or any department store and fill it with the water and squirt it on the bullies as often as you want. Lavender is a natural repellent for ticks and fleas and smells wonderful. If you don't have lavender you can do the same thing with lemon peels and it smells good too. Lemon peels are not as useful at repelling fleas and ticks as lavender but it will make them smell good. Keep tail (and tail pocket, Amber and Ruby have deep tail pockets) and ears clean regularly with a drying solution. Don't soak them with the spritzer, just spray them and rub it inot their coat. Good luck!!

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
you guys are freakin awesome, and i actually only bath them with baby wash/shampoo at least until there bigger

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have two Oreck air purifiers. One in my bedroom and one in dining area. They are fantastic! I have had them for 15 years and they are still working. Almost the best investment I ever made! No "doggy" smells!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Both dogs are having a "stressful" stage right now, and that can contribute to more doggie odor.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.