brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
So here's the thing....Brutus is obsessed with play with every toy he owns. He is continually put all his toys on us and want us to play fetch all night long. If god forbid we try to ignore him he will bark constantly until we throw the toy. Now here is the problem. We are tired and would like to unwind a little watching tv before bed time. Now don't get me wrong, we play with Brutus all the time. I have three kids and at least one of them are home throughout the day to play and then I get home at 4:30 and take over play and hubby gets home at 6 and takes over play. Now is it too much to ask to relax between 8pm and 11pm? So this is what I did. Please don't hate me or kick me out of EBN for my abusive actions,;) but I took his toys away at 8 last night.:ohmy: I gave his his nylar bone and a chew stick. He looked around for about an hour and then settled down to chew his bone. every now and then he would check to see if his toys magically re-appeared and then would go back to his bone. This morning all toys were restored for normal play. Am I a monster for depriving my baby of all his toys?? We just feel like we are going to go insane if we don't get a little down time. :hissy:

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
You just wrote about my life... minus the kids part haha. Seriously-June wants to playplayplayfetchchewplay from the minute I get home till the time I go to bed! Is it too much to ask for some time to watch trashy reality tv, drink a glass of wine, talk to a friend on the phone, etc? June sure thinks it is! If I stop for a minute she will bark at me to play again. I am usually home at 4:30 and play with her, take her out a few times and feed her. My bf gets home around 7:30 and we'd like to sit and have dinner in peace and quiet. The only way to do that is put her in her crate and she almost immediately falls asleep from playing so hard. Then we take her out and its more playplayfetchplaychewplay till I go to bed around 10. My bf stays up till around 11 and plays with her until she gets tired. I'm hoping this is just a puppy phase (she's 4 months) and will grow out of it. Until then, I will record all my trashy tv and catch up in a few months :)

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You just wrote about my life... minus the kids part haha. Seriously-June wants to playplayplayfetchchewplay from the minute I get home till the time I go to bed! Is it too much to ask for some time to watch trashy reality tv, drink a glass of wine, talk to a friend on the phone, etc? June sure thinks it is! If I stop for a minute she will bark at me to play again. I am usually home at 4:30 and play with her, take her out a few times and feed her. My bf gets home around 7:30 and we'd like to sit and have dinner in peace and quiet. The only way to do that is put her in her crate and she almost immediately falls asleep from playing so hard. Then we take her out and its more playplayfetchplaychewplay till I go to bed around 10. My bf stays up till around 11 and plays with her until she gets tired. I'm hoping this is just a puppy phase (she's 4 months) and will grow out of it. Until then, I will record all my trashy tv and catch up in a few months :)
Brutus is heading for 11 mos old. I just said to hubby last night, he is driving us crazy now but we will miss our terror puppy when he is older.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea is the same way. We feed her in her crate and keep her in there for about 1.5 hours after eating to let her tummy settle so we timed her feedings with our dinner so we get a little bit of a break then and it is play time after that until she goes to bed around 9 or 10 depending on when she decides to plop down.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
lmao! I love this... NO you are not getting kicked out!!! lol Our babies love to play!!!

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki gets to put his toys away or helps at about 9pm then I put them up (out of sight) otherwise he is the same way. He only gets his bone to chew on after 9 mommy and daddy need a break sometimes too

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh that is great news. I thought I was doing irreparable psychological damage to him! It was actually nice to have him sit next to us calmly and chew his nylar bone. He has all day to play like crazy.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
hahahahaha!! They sleep all day and then demand that we play with them at night! The Bully way! :nice:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Stamp your forehead.... OWNED!!! He had you trained well, till you realized it. :giggle:

Most Reactions