Killer Hawk

• Thread starter Baxter Tiberius
  • Start date
B

Baxter Tiberius

So im sitting in my office and Baxter is out on the balcony.

Suddenly I hear this screeching barking - like panic ... a few times then it turned into regular barking really really loud.

I look out my window and this Hawk is trying to exit the balcony area as quickly as all hell ... but slams into the balcony railing, falls on the ground, tries again and he's gone ....

I come out onto the balcony and there's a huge trail of piss.... in a big "Curve" shape on the balcony tile and Baxter is now inside freaking the hell out barking and looking like he'd just been attacked.

Wow!

I cuddled him in my lap immediately and he was actually shaking like crazy ....

I didn't get to see what actually happened but I have a feeling he looked like a little bunny rabbit to that Hawk ... and he may have gotten talons on him, while asleep on the balcony.

Fortunately he's now 17lbs so that bird probably didn't realize what he was dealing with, but ... still wow. Whatever happened literally "scared the piss" out of him ...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:eek: :eek: OMG.... did you check him good, makes sure there are not talon puntures??

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Definitely scary! Did Baxter have any marks on him like he'd been attacked? Hawks can be pretty crazy I've seen a video of one grabbing a rabbit recently. Glad Baxter is safe!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
WOW WEE!!!! Poor guy, kind of traumatic for the little guy!

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

I dont see any marks thankfully.
But he's been going through this "Scared of noises" phase.
People upstairs started doing construction so I think that is causing it.
He hears hammering above his head and it terrifies the crap out of him.
He's been in this apt exclusively with familiar sounds since babyhood.
Now everything is scaring him. He runs and hides all the time.
Totally not like him.
Then this hawk attacks him. Great. LOL ...

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Hope the hawk didn't get his claws into him. Poor baby. Give him a puppy smooch for me.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
How scary! glad it looks like he didn't get any wounds!! Poor guy!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
OMG! Poor Baxter. Hawks are a problem, they have been known to carry off small dogs. Thank goodness Baxter weighs more than the hawk could carry. we are advised here in the Long Island area not to let our small dogs wander the yard alone. We have had Koi taken out of our pond. We now keep a net on it at all times.

Harleyleeotis12321

Jul 26, 2013
Buffalo Grove, IL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
OOOH MY GOSH....NO WAY...So Glad he's ok..Thats crazy! Over the summer local news here in Chicago warned us to beware of the red tailed hawks because they have been known to grab small pets.
We also have to beware of the coyotes....Anyway glad all is ok and give that Buster a big hug-n-kiss from me too!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
So im sitting in my office and Baxter is out on the balcony.

Suddenly I hear this screeching barking - like panic ... a few times then it turned into regular barking really really loud.

I look out my window and this Hawk is trying to exit the balcony area as quickly as all hell ... but slams into the balcony railing, falls on the ground, tries again and he's gone ....

I come out onto the balcony and there's a huge trail of piss.... in a big "Curve" shape on the balcony tile and Baxter is now inside freaking the hell out barking and looking like he'd just been attacked.

Wow!

I cuddled him in my lap immediately and he was actually shaking like crazy ....

I didn't get to see what actually happened but I have a feeling he looked like a little bunny rabbit to that Hawk ... and he may have gotten talons on him, while asleep on the balcony.

Fortunately he's now 17lbs so that bird probably didn't realize what he was dealing with, but ... still wow. Whatever happened literally "scared the piss" out of him ...
AWE that poor baby!!! I bet Daddy was a little rattled too huh, I know I would have been. Did you check him over for talon punctures? Bwess him wittle heart!! Give him loves from us!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Oh my god that is scary! Poor Baxter! Is he afraid of the balcony now?
(I have a friend named [MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION] who was taken away by a hawk as a child and was raised by squirrels!)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.