Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travel Anxiety Advice/Remedies....

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Travel Anxiety Advice/Remedies....

There is an all natural drop called rescue remedy after Loki's seizures we were giving it to him quite a bit to help keep him calm. It worked like a charm I think building up tolerance to car rides is critical find a walking path or park that is close to home then gradually go further out. Loki LOVES the car because normally where ever we end up we make it fun so that he looks forward to riding in the car. Hope all the tips help there is something more stressful then driving with an upset bully.
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

You know what's funny...you would think that she would be scared of the car and give it a wide berth. Sunday I had my younger sister over for a visit and when it was time to take her home I grabbed Ravens harness and leash. She know that means the car because I never have to use it to go outside to the backyard. She didn't run and hide, she actually looked excited. Got the harness on and snapped on the leash. I told her we were going for a ride to see grandpa and she was all nubby wagging. Went outside and she couldn't wait for me to open the car door. She hopped in quick as pie. I shocked because I know she isn't a big fan of the car. The ride is about 12 minutes round trip. On the way there she panted some and when we got there she couldn't get out fast enough. We spent about 10 minutes tops at my parents, at that point she wanted to leave because my dad's shih tzu was annoying her with the humping. She happily got in the car and we rode home with some panting. So at least I know she isn't totally traumatized. Totally going to keep taking her for rides around to get her comfy.

Thanks for all the help. I am so hoping to be able to avoid having to give her any meds. I did look at the homeopathic stuff but wasn't sure if they were really effective because I saw so many conflicting reviews.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Well I don't know if this is suitable and I would ask my vet first, but I give my skin kids benedryl for car sickness on the advice of my pediatrician. It works like a charm. No car sickness and they are nice and calm for long car trips. MY two girls get really bad car sickness. Maybe this could apply to dogs as well?

Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    Well I don't know if this is suitable and I would ask my vet first, but I give my skin kids benedryl for car sickness on the advice of my pediatrician. It works like a charm. No car sickness and they are nice and calm for long car trips. MY two girls get really bad car sickness. Maybe this could apply to dogs as well?
    Bennies were definitely a thought as well. I periodically give her a dose when she gets the itchies and it seems to calm her. So it is definitely on my list of possibles.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzymammabee View Post
    Bennies were definitely a thought as well. I periodically give her a dose when she gets the itchies and it seems to calm her. So it is definitely on my list of possibles.
    Good luck.

Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    Good luck.
    Thanks. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads