Bogey's big Birthday!!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Well, almost! This Saturday, Bogey turns ONE!! What a year this has been!! For a short time, we thought we got the spawn of satan, but he has matured well for the most part! I can now wear shorts and short-sleeved shirts, and drink in public without fear of liquids oozing from ALL THE HOLES THOSE LITTLE SHARK TEETH CAUSED!!!

And of course, our little man with all his digestive issues!! It has been a long hard road, but believe it or not, Hills Science Diet ( prescription WD) is the only food that he can tolerate. My vet thinks he has the doggie form of IBS (irritable bowel) and he requires a diet very high in fiber, low in fat. So all the good foods were TOO good for his little tummy. Believe e me, I gave him this food kicking and screaming all the way, but I can't argue with his totally formed poop!!

Today though, was my proudest moment with him! He had his first outing as a Therapy Dog! We visited a nursing home, and as if he knew, he was gentle, sweet, and oh so loving of all the pats to his belly! He gave kisses freely, and I saw so many of our wonderful elderly just smiling at his antics! This has made my day!! I enclosed a few pics of us getting ready for our outing! Can't wait to go again!!
thanks to all our EBD members who got me through the first year! I would have been lost without you!! Hugs from me, wet kisses from Bogey!
ed and I are heading to Ct for our 40 th HS reunion this coming weekend, so Bogeys pet resort wil be throwing him a party, complete with hats and pup cakes!! They promised to send me pics, so I will pass them on. We are only going to be gone 4 days, but oh how I hate leaving our little guy for any length of time!!

Have a great week everyone!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 136

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW... that year flew, well at least for me it did!!

What a great looking boy and it is awesome he is a therapy pup... fantastic work.

Have a great time on your trip -- look forward to more pics of Bogey from his birthday bash!

:birthday3::birthday::cake2:

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Happy 1st Birthday Bogey! What a proud Mom you must be, therapy dog - the elderly are lucky to have you both.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Bogey is absolutely beautiful. And what great work to make elderly people smile. Happy birthday big boy!!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Ah -- he's such a sweet, handsome boy! Congratulations on being a therapy dog Bogey! I'd love to do that with Dudley! And a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Bogey from me and Dudley!

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
That is awesome! Congrats and congratulations Bogey! Can't wait to see bithday party pics!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Mary, I absolutely love that picture of Bogey and you. The rest are too darn cute too. They sure don't stay puppies very long do they? Does he kiss that statute often?

:birthday3: :cake:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
:lubu: Happy Birthday, Bogey, you are one of my fav bullies here, handsome
boy. I am not surprised at all that you are doing a great job as a therapy dog,
lucky people! Sending much love and best wishes for 100 happy, healthy years.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Happy birthday boy! What an amazing thing you are both doing-hats off to both of you x

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Happy birthday Bogey! That's so cool he's a therapy dog..he's beautiful too!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Happy Birthday Bogey!!! :cake2: And I hope you enjoy your weekend getaway...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.