Bogey's big Birthday!!

mer55

Well-known member
Community Veteran
Joined
Nov 16, 2012
Messages
1,049
Reaction score
106
Location
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Well, almost! This Saturday, Bogey turns ONE!! What a year this has been!! For a short time, we thought we got the spawn of satan, but he has matured well for the most part! I can now wear shorts and short-sleeved shirts, and drink in public without fear of liquids oozing from ALL THE HOLES THOSE LITTLE SHARK TEETH CAUSED!!!

And of course, our little man with all his digestive issues!! It has been a long hard road, but believe it or not, Hills Science Diet ( prescription WD) is the only food that he can tolerate. My vet thinks he has the doggie form of IBS (irritable bowel) and he requires a diet very high in fiber, low in fat. So all the good foods were TOO good for his little tummy. Believe e me, I gave him this food kicking and screaming all the way, but I can't argue with his totally formed poop!!

Today though, was my proudest moment with him! He had his first outing as a Therapy Dog! We visited a nursing home, and as if he knew, he was gentle, sweet, and oh so loving of all the pats to his belly! He gave kisses freely, and I saw so many of our wonderful elderly just smiling at his antics! This has made my day!! I enclosed a few pics of us getting ready for our outing! Can't wait to go again!!
thanks to all our EBD members who got me through the first year! I would have been lost without you!! Hugs from me, wet kisses from Bogey!
ed and I are heading to Ct for our 40 th HS reunion this coming weekend, so Bogeys pet resort wil be throwing him a party, complete with hats and pup cakes!! They promised to send me pics, so I will pass them on. We are only going to be gone 4 days, but oh how I hate leaving our little guy for any length of time!!

Have a great week everyone!!








 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    143.5 KB · Views: 217
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    115.6 KB · Views: 229
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    143.6 KB · Views: 221
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    157.2 KB · Views: 216
WOW... that year flew, well at least for me it did!!

What a great looking boy and it is awesome he is a therapy pup... fantastic work.

Have a great time on your trip -- look forward to more pics of Bogey from his birthday bash!

:birthday3::birthday::cake2:
 
Happy 1st Birthday Bogey! What a proud Mom you must be, therapy dog - the elderly are lucky to have you both.
 
Bogey is absolutely beautiful. And what great work to make elderly people smile. Happy birthday big boy!!
 
Ah -- he's such a sweet, handsome boy! Congratulations on being a therapy dog Bogey! I'd love to do that with Dudley! And a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Bogey from me and Dudley!
 
That is awesome! Congrats and congratulations Bogey! Can't wait to see bithday party pics!
 
Mary, I absolutely love that picture of Bogey and you. The rest are too darn cute too. They sure don't stay puppies very long do they? Does he kiss that statute often?


:birthday3: :cake:
 
:lubu: Happy Birthday, Bogey, you are one of my fav bullies here, handsome
boy. I am not surprised at all that you are doing a great job as a therapy dog,
lucky people! Sending much love and best wishes for 100 happy, healthy years.
 
He's so Beautiful!!! Have a great time! :birthday3:
 
Happy birthday boy! What an amazing thing you are both doing-hats off to both of you x
 
Happy birthday Bogey! That's so cool he's a therapy dog..he's beautiful too!
 
Happy Birthday you handsome young bully :luv:
 
Happy Birthday Bogey!!! :cake2: And I hope you enjoy your weekend getaway...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top