Bert accident

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
Okay. So today our lil darling decides to give my mom a mini heart attack. First he jumped off the couch,thank goodness he was not injured or anything. My family calls him.a rabbit now coz he jumps all the time (all 4 legs at the same time). Second he was eating his meal and mom thinks there was something he wants to remove from his mouth. They were watching him while he was eating then all.of a sudden BAM! He hit his face on the floor. His face is soooo red and mom said he can barely open his eyes. He slept right after the incident but didnt cry or anything. I wanna post pictures but this dang phone wont let me. Should we put ice or something? Even if mom is watching over him all the time he still does things like this. Ahhh bert the lil daredevil. He's making us all worried!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OUCH.... hope the little feela is OK.... I don't think ice will hurt anything, but keep an eye on him.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ice is ok for like the first 24 hrs after he hit his face, otherwise it is useless. He sounds like he is a little clutzy because maybe he is so tiny and his little legs can't do what he wants yet. But like I said before when he was eating the couch, this makes me happy because it means he is feeling good and getting into mischief like a little bully should.

OP
elairiffic

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
yeah he's now 2kgs! he's still 3kgs underweight but its a good start. here's the picture of him after he slammed on the floor.

bert injury.jpg

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
It's definitely scary when they start getting brave and jumping off chairs and stuff lol. I'm sure Bert will be fine maybe ice for a few hours but I've seen my guy hit his head pretty hard before and he always seemed to be ok. Just a klutz! lol. Bert is a cutie for sure!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Awww, it's so wonderful to hear that Bert is acting like a normal, healthy
bull headed bully...and klutzy! Love his precious, sleepy mug
:havemyheart:

OP
elairiffic

elairiffic

Oct 1, 2013
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Country
Philippines
Bulldog(s) Names
Bert
okay, so nothing to worry about. :whew: my mom is acting hysterical, she was thinking maybe he hit his eyes with his paws and he'll go blind. (???) He'll be getting his vaccine and deworm tomorrow so i think the bet can check his mouth if there are bruises or something. And also his nylabone (yay). He really is adorable hihi. :yes:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Kinda hard to tell from the picture, but his eyes look like they may be swollen, I would watch him, make sure he is eating and drinking normal, and if he shows any signs of pain I would get him to the vet.

Gosh he's cute! :luv:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor little guy, try to keep him from jumping off of things as his joints are still developing and they can be damaged.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
yeah he's now 2kgs! he's still 3kgs underweight but its a good start. here's the picture of him after he slammed on the floor.

View attachment 57409
Oh My Gosh I just want to love on him so much and give him muzzies (muzzle kisses)!!!! He is so sweet!!! I am so glad to hear he is doing so well and gaining like he should be makes me smile to read of his antics!! Can't wait to hear more.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
He looks like he passed out!! He is too cute

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online