kristier25

Dec 25, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Bentley
Hello everyone,

Tank's fur on his what I call elbows and knees has began to turn red. He is all white. I think it is because there is nothing in the bottom of his crate. I have tried to put a crate mat, blanket, towel or just rags in the bottom of his crate but he pees on everything. What can I do? He doesn't act like it hurts or anything. He still chases his brother Bentley with no problem. Just not sure what to do. Thanks for any advice.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Lucy's will get like that sometimes when her allergies act up. Also we use Primo Pads in our crates become some of ours like to chew up their bedding. You can check them out on the web.

OP
kristier25

kristier25

Dec 25, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Bentley
I will have to check that out. He also likes to try and chew on his crate tray. He is so silly at times. He doesn't have any allergies that I know of. I didn't change anything in his diet. He gets Fromms pork and peas, salmon oil, hardy pet supplement, vinegar in water, and occasionally yogurt, fruits, or green beans.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
It could also be a fur color change. When we got Harlea her white was bright as snow, and as she has grown some of her white has stated to turn a little red in a few places.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like an irritation from the surface of the crate. I've learned to clean and then water rinse their crates (one time I used a bleach spray and didn't rinse well and got like what you are describing). I also put some neosporin on the irritated spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I will have to check that out. He also likes to try and chew on his crate tray. He is so silly at times. He doesn't have any allergies that I know of. I didn't change anything in his diet. He gets Fromms pork and peas, salmon oil, hardy pet supplement, vinegar in water, and occasionally yogurt, fruits, or green beans.

Great Bully Mama!!!

OP
kristier25

kristier25

Dec 25, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Bentley
Thanks for the suggestions. He does tend to chew on his crate tray. I have had to replace it about 3 times already. I will be getting the Primo Pads for the bottom of both crates. He is solid wihite except for the spots on his ears but he isn't as white as he use to be. I will use some neosporin on this knees and elbows. Thanks again.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Definitely sounds like irritation to me. I see it all the time on different dogs that come into work.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.