Puppy-Gate!

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
The Watergate break occurred in 1973 when Nixon and the Republicans burglarized the Democratic National Convention HQ.
This is Puppygate which has been occurring all year when Whalley-Bubba tries and almost succeeds in breaking down his coffining puppy gate :)

Walley-Bubba has been chewing on his puppy gate for 9 months now.
Recently, he tore out a couple of the vertical bars and took them to his crate and chewed them.

Yesterday, I was poop-scooping before the gardeners arrived (my Saturday 7AM chore).
I noticed a couple of his stools had chewed-up wood in them.
He seems fine but it bothered me.

I got a new puppy gate from Petco for $71.
It's made of aluminium (Brit spelling) and is 30" high.
It has a gate for humans which securely closes/locks.
It even has a small door for wee-dogies (Shadow, the Yorkie).

I reinforced the new gate with same wood blocks made of old construction stakes I got at Home Depot.
Some screw-in eyes and double tie-wraps makes it good and strong and is much better than just the friction fittings alone which I'm sure he could easily break sooner or later.
The new gate is much stronger than the old one, looks alot better and hopefully won't be as appealing to his nibs for chewing (he has a giant Nylabone which is his favorite for chewing).

The pictures don't do justice to the destruction he hath wrought on the old gate or the beauty and improved functionality of the new one.

Since neither of us could go to Carmel this weekend, this was better time spent.

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That looks great and should hold him for awhile. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nice work.... Love the reference too! Paws crosses it works and he stays put without chewing

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
that's the kinda get i need to get. but i don't think it will fit in my hall way. I'll have to measure the hall and then go to the pet store or wall mart and see what kind of gate i can get.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We have 3 of the same gate closing openings between 4 and 6 feet across. They have been life and sanity savers.

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
We have the same gate that we used to replace a wooden one as well. Ellie didn't chew the wooden one, but she got to where she'd jump over it. Quite the athletic little bully! So we had to get something higher that she couldn't scale to keep her from the kitty litter and food buffet. So far, it's worked well.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
My girlfriend's dad has this gate for his dog and I love having the opening and not having to step over the gate. BUT, I was cheap and went with the plastic ones at Petsmart for like $25 each and now I get a little more exercise every day lol

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Great gate xx my two already their white(paint?) metal coating on few places -but gate is much stronger than a wooden one
Love the small opening ,in fact i never saw anything like it before x

Most Reactions

Members online