cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I don't know if i should be "concerned" or not, but Finn licks Tate to death, at times. He licks the entire under-side of Tate's body...really goes to town on it (so to speak)! He'll lick the inner thighs, his privates, everything!! Finn does it so much that he'll get tired and exhausted from doing all the licking! Sometimes I just let it go b/c isn't it "normal" doggy behavior? but other times, the excessiveness of it gets to me, and I'll make him stop by yelling, STOP!! I wonder if it's just too much?! Maybe i'm just looking for reassurance that Finn doesn't have some psychological issues or something...I dunno. :whistle:

Any thoughts?

here is a shot of Finn licking Tate this morning; i did a video but can't access youtube to upload it:
IMG_5165.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5165.jpg
    IMG_5165.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 124

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
lol....that is too cute...have no idea if it's normal thing or not :) hopefully someone can shed some light!

tat2girly1

Sep 12, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pyper Ophelia
That's Cute Does The One Getting Licked Have Any Skin issues or sores? Dogs Are So Intuitive, Sometimes They Know If You're Sick Before You Do... Maybe He Feels Somethings Wrong? Sounds Silly, I Know, But My Dogs Can Always Tell. I Had A Dog That Knew I Was Pregnant A Month Before I Did And She Got Jealous.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Punkin likes doing that to Stiggy too, but not to that extent. I've always considered Punkin 'motherly' and would clean Stiggy ... he even licks off the excess water after he drinks! Sometimes Stiggy would egg him on after he pees! Sometimes we tell him no, and sometimes we let it go.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Jewel would sometimes lick or groom Lucy, even clean her ears. I think a little is normal but it can get to be excessive.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I think he really loves him but can get into a habit and/or excessive behavior.

Just redirect when it goes on too long, I've noticed some dogs getting into
mindless behavior like this,could have to do w/bullies tending to obsessiveness.

Hope you're having a good Sunday (love this baby pic in sig line)...GOD bless!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks and Nitschke did this to either other all the time... Banks more so to Nitschke's ears. Never understood, it, but neither Banks nor Cheli do it to each other now

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.