WHEN will my Family Get It????

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am sooo upset right now :angry:, Yesterday Thanksgiving it was sunny and 84 out, today although warm, rained all day.

My Son who cooked dinner yesterday called and ask if Vegas could come and play with his dog a couple of hours because Krillen (his dog) was bored. ME.. wanting Vegas to get some play action in said YES!!!

He returned Vegas about 3:15 and was telling me what a good boy he was and he had a good lunch....

Lunch I say???? My son then went on to tell me he had a tbls. of mashed potato's (NO) corn (NO) bread dressing (NO) turkey and gravy!!!!! EVERYTHING he is NOT suppose to be eating due to grain/gluten free diet!!!

Question, I know this won't kill him, but what should I be looking for?? Hopefully just runny :poo:, should I give him a benedryl?? or wait to see?? I have worked SO HARD for over two months and my husband and son both know the hard work and how much better Vegas is, I held my tongue and I know he thought it was a special treat for Vegas but SSSHHHHEEEESSSHHHH!!!!!

Come on family get on the same train as me and Vegas... NO Multi-grain Wheat Thins that I caught my husband a few weeks ago giving him and ONLY a little bit of Turkey nothing else!!!!

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I feel your pain! But for me it is the two toddlers I have to watch out for.....

Hopefully just a bit of eye boogers may be all you will have, it usually takes more than one feeding to get bad results. We hope. Depending on how sensitive he is. I know he is pretty sensitive so if you see any signs you may want to give him some Benedryl.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
If he's as sensitive as Stiggy, then he'll flare up in hives and maybe a little bit of the itchies. His poops should be a little runny and/or just a lot more. But benadryl should do the trick. And don't worry, Vegas's attitude and appetite should stay the same. :)

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION], Fortunately, Vegas has never had hives, but he gets very red in the face, smelly and very itchy in his face. He gets his face washed every night. Like I said I have been very strict, I KNOW this won't kill him, I am just waiting for....no pun intended.....the "END" results, lol :poo: is what I am thinking!! lol

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
He probably won't have diarrhea...he's allergic to some of those items but they won't make him sick. Linus is on the same diet and he got into some rice and breadcrumbs a while back and, since it was just a one time thing, it wasn't a big deal and there weren't any changes.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
My mom has celiac disease. She has to have all that gluten free things. If she eats anything, she gets extremely bad stomach pains and severs diarrhea... almost until she passes out. Good luck and hopefully he's not as sensitive as my mom.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Hopefully your family will get with the program soon! I wouldn't worry though, I think in MOST cases that won't problems if it was just a one time incident.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
UPDATE: The only reaction he had was last night his :poo: was a little looser, not runny, but the amount was larger. When I fed him his normal dinner I gave him a little less and he only got 3 baby carrots for his snack, this morning all is back to normal.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
well at least you know he can handle that much without it messing him up to bad....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.