Crate pads

JeannieCO

Queenie
Joined
Mar 11, 2011
Messages
12,680
Reaction score
873
Location
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I went to a craft fair today and a lady there was selling crate pads made out of fleece. I bought one for Sally's crate. Then I got to talking to her and got her to donate one for our auctions. But........but.......I had this idea. :hmm: I bet I could make these. Got home did a few things and then off to the store I went. And walla, I made my first custom crate pad. :happydance: I need to practice a bit more but this one's not too shabby for my first. The only thing I could have done different really was use a more firm batting. I even added lace.

Here's the one I bough for Sally's crate (her crate is very large).
image.webp

And the one I made. Typical 36"x24" crate.
image.webpimage.webp

Showing the size difference in Sally's crate.
image.webp
 
Very nice, Jeannie...you're pretty crafty! :up: I especially love handsome Wilson in the picture demonstrating how comfy that pad is :havemyheart:, he's such a natural model!

And kudos to you for getting that lady to donate a pad for the upcoming auction!!
 
I just love this whole idea! Washable, make them yourself, it's just fantastic! Wish I had done sewing skillz!

And OMG what cute pictures too!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
 
Great job, I like it. :2thumbs:
 
Looks great! You did a great job!
 
That's awesome! Let me know if you're ever selling them I'd be interested!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
 
THAT IS FREAKIN AWESOME,!!!! Jeannie, you rock!!!!!!

Wispn looks fantastic as the model..... Purple his his color!! However, he doesn't seem to agree with me :blink:
 
Thanks everyone! I just finished opening up the one I got Sally and now I know how the batting's done. :evil: I found my new obsession and hobby for the winter. :happydance:

[MENTION=9549]fastmatt613[/MENTION] I plan on making them and donating them to our rescue auctions. I have to work on getting stock fleece on hand now. :) Wilson can hold his one in pink too - remember his earlier dog bed pics? :D
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], Wilson wants to know who "wispn" is? :laugh:
 
I went to a craft fair today and a lady there was selling crate pads made out of fleece. I bought one for Sally's crate. Then I got to talking to her and got her to donate one for our auctions. But........but.......I had this idea. :hmm: I bet I could make these. Got home did a few things and then off to the store I went. And walla, I made my first custom crate pad. :happydance: I need to practice a bit more but this one's not too shabby for my first. The only thing I could have done different really was use a more firm batting. I even added lace.

Here's the one I bough for Sally's crate (her crate is very large).
View attachment 57294

And the one I made. Typical 36"x24" crate.
View attachment 57295View attachment 57296

Showing the size difference in Sally's crate.
View attachment 57297
I LOVE that pattern!!! That is such a great idea!!!
 
Great job!!! I love the bright colours cxx(I need to learn how to sew)
 
nice !! i'm sure many would love to purchase these....let us know if you are going to make and sale them!
 
nice !! i'm sure many would love to purchase these....let us know if you are going to make and sale them!

I'm going to donate my time and make them for the rescue auctions. :up: I just completed my second one using a better batting and it's perfect. :happydance: I'm pretty stoked right now.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top