Benadryl cream ok?

• Thread starter Baxter Tiberius
  • Start date
B

Baxter Tiberius

Is this ok to use for the red allergy spots / skin inflammations he gets so often?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree with Henny..... cream they can lick off..

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Good advice above! I would stick to using the oral instead of creams! Brutus had a case of staph infection when he developed hives and we got a medicated anti bacterical wash from the vet. It is the best shampoo ever! Maloseb wash and its great for bath 1x a month.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Is this ok to use for the red allergy spots / skin inflammations he gets so often?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Cortaid is listed on the web site under Human medication safe for dogs. It is listed as an anti-itch cream. I hope this helps.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I've used it. Over the summer Blue was scratching like crazy. His belly was bloody, and aside from going on steroids for the 3rd time, we were out of ideas. He had no reaction to it, none. And this is a pup who reacts to just about everything.
I told my vet I used it and she was fine with it. She did mention that we should give him a bath prior to applying, to get any allergens off his fur.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online