Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
So most of you that know me on here know that we've had Tank since he was a pup... Tank is turning the tender age of 4 this November! :w00t: So in all the 4 years we've had him, I have come to notice he is the only dog in our neighborhood that DOESN'T howl/bark at sirens like the rest around us do. I was curious if it's just him or do any of your bully's do it?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
That's actually an interesting question. Finn will howl when I'm cooking and the smoke detector goes off, and only on rare occasions will he howl when he hears sirens. Tate will not howl at all. I've actually tried to make them howl by howling myself...didn't work though. :no:

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
Chesty doesn't howl and he very rarely barks he only barks when someone walks past the bay window he is lounging on in my bedroom. and sometimes when he wants to play with his brother Clyde but that's only if Clyde is sleeping

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Rocco has never howled in the two months I've had him and he really only barks at other animals or if he's playing aggressively. I took him to our firefighter competition in August and there was plenty of siren noise there he didn't seem too bothered by it though. But he was getting lots of attention from everyone there

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
None of my guys bark or howl at sirens. Not even Ace or Orion did. I've always wondered if certain breeds are just more prone to howling at the higher pitched sirens.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aubie loves to bark but she won't howl. She doesn't usually bark at sirens or anything.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My two guys never howl, and very rarely bark. Dozer basically never barks, and Blossom will bark if she hears someone outside, but she does whine, like a baby when she has to go potty, or if I'm on the phone and ignore her. She's such a suck. My mom always thinks I have a baby in the house, she sounds so pathetic. Lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
My two guys never howl, and very rarely bark. Dozer basically never barks, and Blossom will bark if she hears someone outside, but she does whine, like a baby when she has to go potty, or if I'm on the phone and ignore her. She's such a suck. My mom always thinks I have a baby in the house, she sounds so pathetic. Lol

Sounds like Molly! :lol:

Jesse like to sing along to the radio when it's on, it's so low you almost can't hear it, but it's funny as heck!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
Barley only barks at the doorbell. The only other time he makes any noise is when he is snoring.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Lily loves barking at stuff she dint know or is someone knocks the door (and...while arguing with me) lol

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Boeboe howls at the church bells and Bennie howls cos Boeboe howls... I've never ever heard Joey howl at all, she doesn't even bark much:)

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
We've had ollie since May, a few weeks back we were watching Rookie Blue the police show, out of nowhere he howled when the sirens came on, a long long howl, my husband and I just looked at each other like wth. Yesterday watching a show with sirens and again out of nowhere he let out this huge howl! So yep I guess he does!! He also barks at loud noises on the tv as well, and if he hears car door, the helicopters(we live on MCB so that is almost constant!)

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
That's actually an interesting question. Finn will howl when I'm cooking and the smoke detector goes off, and only on rare occasions will he howl when he hears sirens. Tate will not howl at all. I've actually tried to make them howl by howling myself...didn't work though. :no:

That's so funny, Henny! I can picture this only because I've done the same! I got down on my hands and knees and barked at Mabel trying to get her to bark. She ran to the window, sure there was a dog outside. Her hair on her back went up, she growled, I kept barking (got pretty good at it), but she still didn't bark. I always have said that our beloved Trixie found Mabel for us and led us to her. Now I know! Trixie was a terrible barker (145 pounds of barking bitch right in your face). It was her one horrible habit every night around 7 pm. She found us a quiet dog. Knowing we needed a break!

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Forde rarely barks....only if he needs to go potty and i dont pick up on his "SIGNS" he gives first, he will bark at fireworks if they are close by and thunder if its extremely loud......never have heard him bark at sirens though.....:)

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Mine don't howl or bark at sirens but every once in a while Cleo will bark or growl if she is startled by a noise. They usually cannot be bothered to get off the couch.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.