Silly question I thought I'd ask...

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Forde rarely barks....only if he needs to go potty and i dont pick up on his "SIGNS" he gives first, he will bark at fireworks if they are close by and thunder if its extremely loud......never have heard him bark at sirens though.....:)

Haha, at least Forde will give you a warning bark. If I don't pick up on them waiting by the door they will just say 'screw you mom, you can clean it up now since you're making me wait'. One night I must have really been ignoring Fat Cleo cuz she came over to me by the desk in the laundry room, stared at me and then peed all while just staring at me. Almost like she was daring me to punish her cuz I made her wait.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Both Bella & Winston just bark, I have never heard them howl... DON'T even get me started on the boxer Roxie. She's a howling queen, especially for the UPS man!!! LOL :blink:

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Haha, at least Forde will give you a warning bark. If I don't pick up on them waiting by the door they will just say 'screw you mom, you can clean it up now since you're making me wait'. One night I must have really been ignoring Fat Cleo cuz she came over to me by the desk in the laundry room, stared at me and then peed all while just staring at me. Almost like she was daring me to punish her cuz I made her wait.
they are SOMETHING :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
That's so funny, Henny! I can picture this only because I've done the same! I got down on my hands and knees and barked at Mabel trying to get her to bark. She ran to the window, sure there was a dog outside. Her hair on her back went up, she growled, I kept barking (got pretty good at it), but she still didn't bark. I always have said that our beloved Trixie found Mabel for us and led us to her. Now I know! Trixie was a terrible barker (145 pounds of barking bitch right in your face). It was her one horrible habit every night around 7 pm. She found us a quiet dog. Knowing we needed a break!

Oh, good, i'm glad i'm not the only (crazy) one who did that! :laugh:I still cannot get them to bark "on demand" either! I've tried and tried with treats and all that, even looked up some youtube's about it. They're always barking at the neighbors when they're working in the backyard though...:ashamed:

Both Bella & Winston just bark, I have never heard them howl... DON'T even get me started on the boxer Roxie. She's a howling queen, especially for the UPS man!!! LOL :blink:

Well, can you blame her? I mean, those shorts they wear...i've been known to howl whenever the UPS guy drops by my house too :excited:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie doesn't howl at anything. She's a barker. She doesn't bark at sirens, whistles, horns...nothing like that. But she barks at the tv, loud trucks and just cause other dogs are barking, she likes to talk back so joins in the convo.

OP
boomsboo

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
Forde rarely barks....only if he needs to go potty and i dont pick up on his "SIGNS" he gives first, he will bark at fireworks if they are close by and thunder if its extremely loud......never have heard him bark at sirens though.....:)

Tank barks at thunder as well.. I guess it's just certain noises that get to them..

I am loving everyone's comments on what their pets bark at! As mentioned, Tank barks at the doorbell, cats, birds, and that's about it.

OP
boomsboo

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
Well, can you blame her? I mean, those shorts they wear...i've been known to howl whenever the UPS guy drops by my house too :excited:

:ROFL2: you just made my day!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks barks at everything... Everything... :bang:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.