Last Night's Adventure with Curly

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
This might be a funny story. or it might be a FML story, but I laughed at the end of the day, so I'll go with the former.

I work east coast hours but I still like to think that I'm on the west coast so I often stay up really late. I'm normally awake at 5 AM and I go to bed at 12 AM. My husband is currently attending business school has class until 10 PM on Tuesday. So all dog walk responsibilities are mine.

I decided to take the dogs out early for their last walk at 9:30 instead of 10 that way when my husband came home he didn't have to help walk the pups. All dogs did their business so I thought I was good to go for the evening. At about 10:30 PM last night my husband texted me to tell me he was getting a drink with one of the guys in his class so he will be home late. Totally cool because I wanted to watch some of my guilty pleasure shows that my husband refuses to watch (i.e. The Voice and Catfish)

Soon after I received the text from my husband, Curly, who I am happy to say is #2 housebroken at 12.5 weeks (he's 100% on the puppy pads in doors, we're still working to break him of that), started to do his "woe is me" whimper. This is the whimper he uses when he wants something like get on the couch, water or go number 2, but the sound he makes sounds like he hates life LOL. He was sitting next to me on the couch and had water, so I knew it was number 2. During the last walk at 9:30 he didn't go as much as he normally does, so I was not 100% surprised. I grab my keys and take him out

I took him out and almost instantly he went number 2. Then he turns around to go back to the house. Curly refused to walk any further which is his typical behavior - he will only go 10 ft and he will refuse to go any further on his walk. At that point I need to either carry him to another point to keep him walking or just turn around and go back in. We have been working on it.

Since it was late I decided to go back in. I walk up to the door take out my keys and I realized at that moment I grabbed my only my car keys and my house keys were not attached (we have detachable key rings). I live in a building that automatically locks the door when you leave so you need a key to get back into the building. There are only 6 tenants in my building and I picked up Curly walked around the building to see if anyone's lights were on and none were. Crap, everyone was asleep.

So now I'm outside, in my pj's, carrying a 23 lb puppy around (because he refused to walk) trying to see if any of the doors were accidentally were left open. Nothing.

Curly wasn't much help, he continued to do his woe is me cry while we were sitting outside waiting for my husband to come home. Curly and I did do some laps back and forth from the front of the building to the back to see if anyone was coming in or out. Sometimes he walked with me, most of the time he was carried.

3 hours later husband rolls in and I'm walking Curly up and down the alley where our garage is. He pulls up to me and asks if Curly is sick (in other words: why are you outside at this hour, you need to be up for work at 5 AM)? I told him the story and he promptly began to laugh at me. I told him it wasn't funny but couldn't help but laugh too.

End result? After being stuck outside with Curly for 3 hours last, he has now successfully went on two full walks today, no carrying at all. Now if I could only get him to start going #1 outside instead of on the puppy pads I will be very happy mama. If it requires being locked out of our building for an extended period of time, I'll leave that part up to my husband.

Last edited:

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
Oh gosh! At least Curly got some exercise! ;) And that sounds like a typical bully making you carry them. Tank was like that too when he was still a pup. Good luck on easing Curly off the puppy pads!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Wow, what an adventure. Luckily you didn't have to stay out all night. LOL He will learn to go potty without the pee pads soon. Sounds like he is doing very well as young as he is.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Don't you just love the way life works sometimes! LOL. great story! I just started watching Catfish and I love it, I seem to always be screaming at the tv now.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow! Kind of forced training for Curly, happy he's getting the walk down. What a night!

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=9403]Lokismom[/MENTION] totally one of those moments. The worse part is that I'm always the one reminding my husband to get the keys, make sure he has the keys etc. because he is usually the one that gets locked out.
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] luckily it didn't happen during the first walk when I took all three dogs out. That would have been a mess! LOL
[MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION] I'm always asked by my husband how can I watch it - we know that everyone is going to get "catfished." But i reply, it's like a mystery. Who done it. Then I compared it to my all time favorite show Law & Order SVU it's always the same plot but who did it, what's the twist? Obviously it is not target to my demographic being in my early 30s but I still like to view the train wrecks.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I'm always asked by my husband how can I watch it - we know that everyone is going to get "catfished." But i reply, it's like a mystery. Who done it. Then I compared it to my all time favorite show Law & Order SVU it's always the same plot but who did it, what's the twist? Obviously it is not target to my demographic being in my early 30s but I still like to view the train wrecks.

OH I know, that's why I watch it. I have to know what happens and how things turn out and I just can't believe people actually do that too. I'm 34 and I love it, I wish I could just tell them to "Stop it dummies" which is why I end up yelling at the tv..LOL. It's a total train wreck that I can't turn away from.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He got exercise... You got no sleep

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.