Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skin and Coat problems

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Yoshi, Serenity, Cornbread, SunnyMae and Sugar
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Skin and Coat problems

Yeah, I know she has been under some stress with the new ones in the house and everything. She had a small spot there a while back and we put the Nu-Stock on it and it went away. This time, though, it's a larger area. I got some EFA with Fish Oil (prescription) from the vet in hopes it will boost her immune system. I am just concerned about the effects of the dip because it is so toxic, just like using the Ivermectin in large doses to treat. I can't see putting that much of a strain on her body if we don't have to. Since it's not appearing as though it bothers her, we are going to continue treating homeopathically and see how it works out. If that fails and she doesn't get better we will assess our other options (like using the dip), but I just don't see it being necessary yet. I am hoping as she gets older her immune system will continue to get stronger and won't have a problem. If we have to fix her and not breed, I am okay with that - I definitely do not want to contribute to the problems considered 'genetic' in the breed or cause an issue for babies. Thanks for the reply!

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mandymae7 View Post
    Yeah, I know she has been under some stress with the new ones in the house and everything. She had a small spot there a while back and we put the Nu-Stock on it and it went away. This time, though, it's a larger area. I got some EFA with Fish Oil (prescription) from the vet in hopes it will boost her immune system. I am just concerned about the effects of the dip because it is so toxic, just like using the Ivermectin in large doses to treat. I can't see putting that much of a strain on her body if we don't have to. Since it's not appearing as though it bothers her, we are going to continue treating homeopathically and see how it works out. If that fails and she doesn't get better we will assess our other options (like using the dip), but I just don't see it being necessary yet. I am hoping as she gets older her immune system will continue to get stronger and won't have a problem. If we have to fix her and not breed, I am okay with that - I definitely do not want to contribute to the problems considered 'genetic' in the breed or cause an issue for babies. Thanks for the reply!
    I totally agree with the homeopathic method. I have read some where you can use tea tree oil shampoo as well and it helps with the mites. I hate chemical treatment as well. We did use the dip that was last year before I was a member here and found out all the bad stuff. Sheldon is definitely healthier for my membership here.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Yoshi, Serenity, Cornbread, SunnyMae and Sugar
    Likes (Received)

That's awesome! So glad he's better! I'm certainly glad I found this site as well! Trying to find a vet that specializes in EBs is nearly impossible in most areas. And, because a couple of ours are NKC and not AKC, the Bulldog clubs are not accepting :-( Pretty sad if you ask me.

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mandymae7 View Post
    That's awesome! So glad he's better! I'm certainly glad I found this site as well! Trying to find a vet that specializes in EBs is nearly impossible in most areas. And, because a couple of ours are NKC and not AKC, the Bulldog clubs are not accepting :-( Pretty sad if you ask me.
    Yes I totally understand I wish our vet were more informed on our fur babies. It so hard to find a vet that specializes in bulldogs in my area and better would be one that specializes in bulldogs AND homeopathic medicine....I can dream LOL

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads