Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Same thing had happened to me..flip flops, water pools...OUCH! I just wipe her face whenever she is finished drinking, she takes it everywhere otherwise. She doesn't drool much w out the water factor. Although the other day my feet were sopping wet from her licking them...drool dripping everywhere...lol

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Sounds unanimous then! I have a 10 ft radius of towels around his dish and still the floor is always wet!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thanks guys... at least I'm not the only one skating on the doggie drool :D [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] I think you're right... a sea of towels it is!!! Luckily I'm not in too much pain this morning, better watch my step... :scared:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We get a little from time to time with Harlea. It was much worse with my Ridgeback who just had to plant he face at the bottom of the water bowl to get a drink and let the majority run on the floor when she was done.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We get a little from time to time with Harlea. It was much worse with my Ridgeback who just had to plant he face at the bottom of the water bowl to get a drink and let the majority run on the floor when she was done.
My boxer plants her face in the water bowl too, but she barely leaves any water?!! Crazy...

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
My boxer plants her face in the water bowl too, but she barely leaves any water?!! Crazy...
It is crazy. We hardly ever have a mess anymore since we switched to the water fountain. it was a pain cleaning up that mess 10 to 15 times a day.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It is crazy. We hardly ever have a mess anymore since we switched to the water fountain. it was a pain cleaning up that mess 10 to 15 times a day.
I got a water fountain too, but Winston still prefers the dang bowl... I don't understand it!!! I guess I need to pull up the water bowls in the Neater Feeder!!!

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Happy to hear that you aren't too sore this morning Tracey! Messy Mayhem leaves the same pools of water on our kitchen tile and it can be treacherous :)

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
That stinks. I hope you feel better. There is always a bully under my feet and drool, I have yet to hurt my back! I ran up the street last night and Ruthie followed and took my legs out..LOL. Thank goodness I have good balance or I would have road rash today. I feel like they like to imitate those squirrels on the geico commercials that run out in front of cars..LOLOLOL.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Hope your back is better:heart: I don't really have a drool problem... During the days they mostly drink from their bowls outside and since it's so warm where we live we can have the door open all year round:) Boeboe drinks so neatly and she shakes most water off right after she's done. Bennie on the other hand wipes himself on the living room rug:eek: it used to be cream white... it's now... not so creamy anymore:tongue: And Joey is so lazy so she drinks and then takes a nap next to the bowl, by the time she's done napping she's dry again:rolleyes: Our jack Russel mix is also pretty good at licking her drool, he's constantly hanging around her checking so she's clean. He even licks her folders, haha, helpful lill guy that one:w00t:. Crocs are a hazard though:glare: one drop of drool under them and you'll fall like a... what ever saying you guys use for that... lol. So I've stopped wearing them inside:)

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hope your back is better:heart: I don't really have a drool problem... During the days they mostly drink from their bowls outside and since it's so warm where we live we can have the door open all year round:) Boeboe drinks so neatly and she shakes most water off right after she's done. Bennie on the other hand wipes himself on the living room rug:eek: it used to be cream white... it's now... not so creamy anymore:tongue: And Joey is so lazy so she drinks and then takes a nap next to the bowl, by the time she's done napping she's dry again:rolleyes: Our jack Russel mix is also pretty good at licking her drool, he's constantly hanging around her checking so she's clean. He even licks her folders, haha, helpful lill guy that one:w00t:. Crocs are a hazard though:glare: one drop of drool under them and you'll fall like a... what ever saying you guys use for that... lol. So I've stopped wearing them inside:)
Thanks Petra!!! I think Crocs are just like the flip flops... SUPER SLIPPERY!!! Oh I just LOVE Joey... how's it going w/the new puppy?!!

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
I got a water fountain too, but Winston still prefers the dang bowl... I don't understand it!!! I guess I need to pull up the water bowls in the Neater Feeder!!!

Sounds like a good idea, Will check those out this weekend.
WB always swaps fresh water for slobber in his bowl so the fountain should fix that too.
Thanks for the idea.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Thanks Petra!!! I think Crocs are just like the flip flops... SUPER SLIPPERY!!! Oh I just LOVE Joey... how's it going w/the new puppy?!!

It's going great with the pup, thanks:) He's really the easiest pup I've ever had. Sleeps all nigh, has never had an accident inside, doesn't bark or whine, doesn't chew stuff. He's just ranting around waving his tail, lol. He became very good friends with our chihuahua mix so they are playing like crazy, but he's getting along great with all the dogs so far. He's still a bit uncertain about some things but he's getting better and better by the day. I'm just worried how it will turn out when he gets older but that's a later problem. If we need to find him another home I'm sure it wont be hard cos he's really really cute and well behaved:) I'm so proud of him:heart:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
I hate trying to clean drool up it's like trying to clean hag fish slime if anyone knows what that is I watch animal planet a lot!!!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's going great with the pup, thanks:) He's really the easiest pup I've ever had. Sleeps all nigh, has never had an accident inside, doesn't bark or whine, doesn't chew stuff. He's just ranting around waving his tail, lol. He became very good friends with our chihuahua mix so they are playing like crazy, but he's getting along great with all the dogs so far. He's still a bit uncertain about some things but he's getting better and better by the day. I'm just worried how it will turn out when he gets older but that's a later problem. If we need to find him another home I'm sure it wont be hard cos he's really really cute and well behaved:) I'm so proud of him:heart:
I'm so glad to hear it, he was so darn cute in that video :D I hope that it all works out!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I hate trying to clean drool up it's like trying to clean hag fish slime if anyone knows what that is I watch animal planet a lot!!!
LOL My daughter is addicted to that channel so I know exactly what you are talking about!!! ;)

Most Reactions