LWATSON

Jun 9, 2012
VA Beach
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Tillman
Hi ,

I am looking to see what people use for exercise. Tillman and play tug all day , walks just get him more hyper and I can only let play in water about once a week. He is almost 2 and is really starting to fill out. Any other ideas to wear him down ?

Lucas

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I agree. The jolly ball with the handle. My dogs love that ball, and will chase it every time I throw it-and it is a tough ball!(for tough dogs AND horses!)

OP
L

LWATSON

Jun 9, 2012
VA Beach
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Tillman
Play fetch with the jolly ball outside. Ace loves it and it really helps get the edge off

He chases a tennis ball toy. Tillman is just super hyper. I dont mind it plus he has good muscle. Anyway to help keep him adding muscle ? Noting crazy.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
We are huge walkers and play "toys" in the house. We also play fetch when walking at the park. Ruthie will run the whole time, chasing her ball, while we are walking. That usually gets her super tired.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Great info above, and walks will help, when it's not too hot. At 2 years of age he is still full of pup and won't start slowing down for a couple of years yet.

AlphaOfGino

Sep 8, 2013
Southern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gino
we do what most have said: walk, fetch, play in the house, run in the house, tug-a-war. but we also do dog parks where he can wrestle with other pups and we have a laser that he likes to try to catch. Its funny because obviously he'll never catch the laser.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Awesome thanks for all the input.

It's difficult to try and video while also trying to throw this thing but here are a couple of video links with me playing jolly ball with Ace.
Running the length of the fenced in area several times and you can get the edge off pretty good. Just have to be careful not to overdo it especially when the weather is hot. Ace will sprint the length of the area to get the ball and he really enjoys it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubJW0d7I9Tk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=png67Y-eZ7c&feature=endscreen

B

Baxter Tiberius

So weird when people ask how they can "build more muscle" on their dog ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
L

LWATSON

Jun 9, 2012
VA Beach
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Tillman
So weird when people ask how they can "build more muscle" on their dog ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I don think its weird. I would like my dog to be in very good shape and strong. I dont believe I asked for and rude remarks just advice and input.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I think you just need to find out what Tillman really loves... Winston doesn't like the normal tennis ball, he loves the Chuck It rubber balls (glow-in-the-dark ones)!!! Of course he loves for me to chase him w/it, so we both get a great workout!!! :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online