EXHAUSTED

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
I am so tired im starting to lose my sanity, ever since we got Memphis Rebel is very restless which makes it hard for me to sleep plus getting up and down at night to either take her out or clean up a big mess in her kennel im completely exhausted, someone told me today that its very unusual for her to poop in her kennel and that she might be doing it because she doesnt like my house, is that true? sorry if im not making much sense

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
It is common when they are younger to have accidents in their "houses" as we call them. Is rebel kenneled at night as well or just memphis? Maybe try kenneling them both separate or together. Rebel might just be curious as to what Memphis is doing :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It has nothing to do with her liking the house or not, it's just puppies. She will learn before you know it. Just hang in there, it will get better. :)

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Time and patience -they will eventually stop x its hard managing two puppies at once but im sure it will get easier xxx

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yes Hun, David & Pati are right, it's normal and not to worry.

About the time you think your pup WILL NEVER be housebroke, they get it!

Time, consistent schedules, patience, firm but kind correction and just hanging
in there are the keys. Try to get any extra sleep in that you can, it's hard work!

Keeping y'all in thoughts & prayers...go get some rest!!!

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
she is kenneled but not him, do you think it bugs her? its hard because shes in heat and i have to keep them seperated

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Most likely Rebel will not settle down, as Memphis is in heat.Since he is not castrated, he will have "lovin" on his mind. It will be difficult for you until she is over her heat cycle, and you can all start to adjust. It just happened that it was bad timing for you, that she came in heat just when you brought her home. She is dealing with so many changes also, and can't sort of get a normal routine at your home until out of heat, since she has to be crated and he is stressing, which is probably stressing her (and you). Make sure you mark down when her heat started, and don't rush to put them together because she could get preg even on the 21st day-it has been known to happen. Sorry to give you the bad news, but unfortunately everything just happened at once for you, and you'll just have to tough it out-until this is over. Her pooping may be just part of her nervousness and stress.Perhaps if you are going to have a male and female, it's time to think about having them fixed (Memphis after her heat) so you do not have to deal with this again. Hang in there! Things will get better.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Oh hun!!! Everything will be just fine :) Daisy will still poop in her crate everyonce in awhile...Yes its their home.... But sometimes they just cant hold it.. Try to get a nap in today!

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
Most likely Rebel will not settle down, as Memphis is in heat.Since he is not castrated, he will have "lovin" on his mind. It will be difficult for you until she is over her heat cycle, and you can all start to adjust. It just happened that it was bad timing for you, that she came in heat just when you brought her home. She is dealing with so many changes also, and can't sort of get a normal routine at your home until out of heat, since she has to be crated and he is stressing, which is probably stressing her (and you). Make sure you mark down when her heat started, and don't rush to put them together because she could get preg even on the 21st day-it has been known to happen. Sorry to give you the bad news, but unfortunately everything just happened at once for you, and you'll just have to tough it out-until this is over. Her pooping may be just part of her nervousness and stress.Perhaps if you are going to have a male and female, it's time to think about having them fixed (Memphis after her heat) so you do not have to deal with this again. Hang in there! Things will get better.
I know you are completely right it was just bad timing and they are both getting fixed asap

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]. Greta info and advice.... Good luck Katy.... Hope you get some rest soon

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.