JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Henny, I'm going to have to check out that football. I haven't heard you mention it before. [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Have you tried the Orka toys? We got Harlea one a few weeks ago and she has chewed on it for hours and I can't find a scratch or puncture mark on it.
I completely forgot about the Orka toys. We used those for teething. They're the blue toys right? The have some fun shapes too but I haven't bought those yet.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I completely forgot about the Orka toys. We used those for teething. They're the blue toys right? The have some fun shapes too but I haven't bought those yet.
I had never heard of them either until we found one in a pet store. Showed it to Harlea and she went to town on it. The have all kinds of shapes and sizes from what I can tell.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
That is a cute photo, Ftse has never chewed toys only wooden furniture but I think I would have preferred him chewing toys instead of my furniture.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Orka Toys? I haven't heard of that brand...Sheldon even destroys Kong toys, hmmmm, come to think of it where is THAT frisbee??? LMBO I really haven't found anything that survives those teeth except the huge ropes.
Be careful with the ropes. Brutus had a huge one and he must have been shredding pieces off of it without me noticing and I had to "assist" it coming out of the back end. Thank god it came out. No more rope toys for Brutus. Nylar bones and kong toys only.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
20131001_100535.jpg
This is what's left of Brutus orka toy. Lol.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Be careful with the ropes. Brutus had a huge one and he must have been shredding pieces off of it without me noticing and I had to "assist" it coming out of the back end. Thank god it came out. No more rope toys for Brutus. Nylar bones and kong toys only.
I don't remember where I got this one white rope he has had it since he was a puppy and its still completely intact I wash it every so often and put it back on his bed he loves chewing on that thing now the other one I got him I watch him with it because it isn't as well made as this other one.

B

Baxter Tiberius

Maybe im doing this wrong but I leave Baxter in a playpen area (fairly large) anytime I am not there, in the room, to watch him. I keep reading about chewing on walls and destroying everything. Baxter hasn't so much as chewed a single thing that he isn't supposed to, except maybe a stray shoe. And I think its because he's always in a safe, sectioned off area of the house when I can't be there to stop him. Is that abuse? The place looks like a doggy penthouse to me. The gating goes around the whole thing, so there is no drywall exposed for him to chew on. The worst he's done with my wooden coffee table is lick the wood, which I promptly and gently say no, and distract him away from.

Why not put the pup in a playpen area unless you're present? Has worked here.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I had never heard of them either until we found one in a pet store. Showed it to Harlea and she went to town on it. The have all kinds of shapes and sizes from what I can tell.
I had the Orkas for teething toys. I have the bone shaped one now. The Orka also have a few styles that float so we had them for the lake too.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeannie, they are Finn's favorite toy. He sticks one end of the football into his mouth then he and i play tug o war with it. He also uses it as a pacifier as it helps him sleep.:babysleep:
I just stuck it on my amazon wish list. I'll get it next time I order something. I have no pacifier bullies in my house, lol.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I got the best toy from pet smart by kong. By frenchie mix is a horrible chewer and chews all his toys in record time. Fortunately we trained him early and he only chews his toys. He has had these for two weeks and hasn't even left a tooth mark on them. That's my bugg in the background

I
8u6yvesy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online