I am about to give up.

GretzkysMomma

Feb 4, 2013
Richardson, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretzky
Gretzky is like the terminator when it comes to any toy. The only thing he hasn't destroyed in the matter of seconds is his KONG tennis ball. He even eats his blanket!!

I've even tried TUFF brand toys, he was eating the stuffing 10 minutes later.

y8yva3am.jpg

Last edited:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
The picture is awesome LOL Brutus was the same way and sometimes still gets his moods where he destroys everything!! We use the chuck it balls (orange/blue) or the XL Kong toys! You can also try gettting him some antlers! I had to take Brutus's blankets and beds out of his crate b/c he would either pee on them or eat them!!! Chanel just recently got sick b/c she decided to eat her towel that was in the cage!!! We now use beach towels instead of blankets (easier to clean)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a fantastic picture..... banks is the same way, not except rubber ball, marrow bones, antlers and Nylanbones can survive her.... she is a destroyer for sure

OP
GretzkysMomma

GretzkysMomma

Feb 4, 2013
Richardson, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretzky
And forget it if he gets ahold of a sock or hand towel. All he has to do is step on it, pull up, and riiiip it's toast. No telling how many I have thrown away. He's such a turd, but he's my sweet squishy turd, and I wouldn't trade him for anything. Go figure. :shrugs:

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Buy him Kong toys and Nylabones only, that's what we buy ours, because we have several strong chewers.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Love the photo! But please, Dudley can destroy anything. He loves stuffed toys, but he gets one...loves it for a few days and then he stands on it, pulls a leg off and wham...that's the end of that toy. He's not as bad as he used to be though, he's so much better now...but stuffed toys are still his nemesis!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I buy the Kong toys & they really do last!!! I have a boxer & a bully... they are mega toy destroyers!!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Have you tried the Orka toys? We got Harlea one a few weeks ago and she has chewed on it for hours and I can't find a scratch or puncture mark on it.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Have you tried the Orka toys? We got Harlea one a few weeks ago and she has chewed on it for hours and I can't find a scratch or puncture mark on it.
Orka Toys? I haven't heard of that brand...Sheldon even destroys Kong toys, hmmmm, come to think of it where is THAT frisbee??? LMBO I really haven't found anything that survives those teeth except the huge ropes.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
That just made me :giggle: I have the same issue with my guys. Kong makes some great shapes now that are really holding up in my house. Another brand that I really like is called "zogoflex" and there made by West Paw Designs. They have a one replacement warranty on them too and they're made in the USA. I love these!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Awesome picture!!! Lol!

Angus is the same. We play hard catch a frisbee/soccer ball for an hour in the morning. That calms him down so he doesn't destroy anything. When he gets a toy from the basket, I ask him to give it to me (he's excellent with the drop it command because of our frisbee/soccer games) then I would throw it up the stairs for him to fetch. We'd do this for about 15 minutes and he's wiped out and calm again. Keeps him from destroying anything. For chew time, he gets raw shoulder bone or a kong. Both lasts a long time.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Gretzky sounds a lot like my boy Finn when it comes to destroying toys with his teeth! Finn is a tough, hard, persistent chewer. I agree with [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] and her recommendations on those toys she mentioned. I also want to recommend a football that Finn loves that has withstood his hard gnawing and it's called the Planet Dog Orbee Tuff Football. It's really tough and Finn hasn't been able to mangle this one yet after months and months of chewing and playing.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Our guys only get Kong toys, but now that I've seen some other brands mentioned here, I'll have to try them. We can't have any stuffies, blankets, pillows, soft toys, or small balls, we have Kong everything, but there are still some that they manage to chew through, so we mostly supervise them when they are playing with toys. Their favourite things to play with is balls, and especially tennis balls, but they chew the fuzzier off the tennis balls, so can't have them, and they have to have large balls, like a kong, or ones that are larger than their mouth, otherwise they eat and swallow them. Such silly Bullies. Lol

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online