brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I haven't gotten pitbull from anyone but I do get boxer alot. I agree with Marine91, ask before assuming. I'm always more than happy to answer questions or information regarding my little man mr. snorty
I get boxer or mastiff all the time. It's the coloring. Whatever.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
It really bothers me when I see people pull their kids away when chum walks down the aisle at the pet store. I still don't know how to respond to the "he's so ugly he's cute" comment.

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

Some lady tried to tell me winslow is a bull terrier. I corrected her and said, "actually he's an English bulldog."

"Oh yes such a handsome bull terrier, I used to have one... blah blah bull terrier..."

Ummm, okay.

Hhahahaha! I loooooooooooove when that happens. People are so weird. Hahha. Totally ignore me too sometimes and just keep going. So many interesting characters out there ;)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
One thing I can't stand is when I see another bully in the pet store that obviously looks miserable, red and you can smell the yeast from 20 feet away and the owners tell you their baby is in perfect health but scratches a lot. So, I ask them what they are feeding and they usually reply One or Iams and I just chuckle. They ask what I feed Harlea so I tell them and I usually get a thats too expensive and you can't feed a bully fruits and veggies. /facepalm

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Harlea has never been mistaken for a pitbull but we have had a few people call her an ugly abomination of a pug.
Unbelievable.

We've got the pit bull thing once or twice. When I walk Holly some of the young neighborhood kids think she looks mean and are scared of her. Little do they know she's a big sweetheart!

SMeyer13

Jun 13, 2013
South Carolina
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
I had Tucker in my lap while waiting for food at a drive through when the young lady working refused to hand me the food because "he has a pitbull on his lap, they are so mean", I smiled and informed her he was an e.b. and the sweetest thing, but I don't think she believed me.

I am surprised at how frequently he gets mistaken for a pitbull. Usually every other trip to petsmart it happens.

Bunny

Sep 25, 2013
Nebraska
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
It really bothers me when I see people pull their kids away when chum walks down the aisle at the pet store. I still don't know how to respond to the "he's so ugly he's cute" comment.

OMG. YES!!! I'm just like ...:unsure:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue's never been mistaken for anything other than a bullie. We did get "he's got a face only a mother could love". And the day before his surgery, we were at a light, Blue had his head out the car window and a crack 'hoe in the car over said "that's one ugly a$$ dog" very loudly. I started going nuts but the light turned and my hubs pulled away. Still get mad every time I think about it. I started going "Brooklyn" on her.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
My bullmastiffs used to be mistaken for pitties all the time. Part of the problem is that people have no idea what a "pit" bull is--only that they are said to be vicious killer dogs. My daughter had a sweet little staffy bull that she had to give up because she required too much time and she had a new baby. She cried for days. It was a sweet, but very busy little dog.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I had Tucker in my lap while waiting for food at a drive through when the young lady working refused to hand me the food because "he has a pitbull on his lap, they are so mean", I smiled and informed her he was an e.b. and the sweetest thing, but I don't think she believed me.

I am surprised at how frequently he gets mistaken for a pitbull. Usually every other trip to petsmart it happens.

We went through a drive through once with Shelly Bean and he got free chicken nuggets LOL

So sayeth the Sheldon Puppy!

Jake Apperson

Aug 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly
This thread is a prime example if why you can't fix stupid... even with duct tape :(

I had someone in the vet's office waiting room tell me " That is not a full blooded E.B " and I just kinda rolled my eyes at them. Kinda made me chuckle to myself when we walked in for her appointment and the vet says right away " That is one of the most beautiful E.B. Puppies I have seen in my life " lol

Our vet has had several E.B.'s in his lifetime and loves the breed.

Last edited:

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
I always wonder if people's parents told them "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." People are so rude!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
OMG. YES!!! I'm just like ...:unsure:

I'm not usually a mean person but I think I would have to respond with "It really is true.. there is no cure for STUPID" and walk away as these people are not worthy to look at our babies. Especially Chum!! He is so stinkin cute.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online