Tears-Anything to be concerned with?

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Hey all, I've noticed lately that Rocco occasionally has tears by his eyes. They are clear and I usually just wipe them away with my finger and that's it. He gets the occasional eye booger as well which I do the same with. They do not stain or anything but I don't remember this from when I first got him. Is this normal or is it anything I should be concerned about and look into? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Winston has watery eyes as well... My vet said that his eye lids are actually pretty big & have a fold in them. We are waiting to see if he will actually grow into them before we do any kind of surgery... I'm assuming this is normal for bullys?!! My other bulldog didn't have this issue. Hopefully someone w/more experience w/this will advice...

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
An occasional tear is nothing to be worried about. If their allergies go crazy, then they will tear like crazy.

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Is not constant it's like every so often. I was just concerned that he may have a food reaction of some sort which I hope he doesn't!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​Have you ruled out eyelashes growing on the inner eyelid?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
he is a puppy, right? maybe from teething

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Lots of great suggestions when I notice it in Sheldon I usually just give him a benadryl at night and one in the morning and I keep that up for about a week but I don't know how much Rocco weighs. It 1mg per pound.

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I've not looked at the eyelashes yet.....yes he is a pup, he is currently teething and lately I've noticed a second row of teeth coming in on his lower jaw and he lost two that I know of on the upper jaw (which have grown back)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus had this issue when he was a couple months old!!! The vet noticed he had 2-3 eyelashes that were growing in and causing the tearing!!! Just be sure to keep the wrinkles dry to avoid him from getting irritated!! I put Desitin in his wrinkles at time b/c lately with the allergies Brutus has been tearing alot! I was slcacking and didnt notice and he had red skin :( Hope all goes well!!!

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Brutus had this issue when he was a couple months old!!! The vet noticed he had 2-3 eyelashes that were growing in and causing the tearing!!! Just be sure to keep the wrinkles dry to avoid him from getting irritated!! I put Desitin in his wrinkles at time b/c lately with the allergies Brutus has been tearing alot! I was slcacking and didnt notice and he had red skin :( Hope all goes well!!!

He's going to the vet on Saturday I'll have him check it out. Is there anything that needs to be done for the eyelashes that are in?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
He's going to the vet on Saturday I'll have him check it out. Is there anything that needs to be done for the eyelashes that are in?

Our vet was able to pluck them out with a tweezer :) I was shocked how well he cooperated with it :) Hope all goes well!

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Our vet was able to pluck them out with a tweezer :) I was shocked how well he cooperated with it :) Hope all goes well!

Thanks!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online