Scared of the dark?

GusBus

Apr 21, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Is it possible a dog could be scared of the dark?? I tried to take Gus with me to my in-laws' house (right across the street -- cul de sac) and he wouldn't budge from the front porch! I am just now remembering that he hates going out to potty at night, too. I should have taken a picture of him peeping over our plants from the edge of the porch, he looked scared! :confused:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon isn't fond of the dark unless he has to go then it doesn't so much bother him but he quickly goes out does his business and comes back in and he tries really hard not to get out of the circle of light cast by the outdoor lights in the back yard.

OP
GusBus

GusBus

Apr 21, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
He usually bum rushes the door to go try to get let inside over there (they spoil him). The only other time he did this was when I put the clothes drying rack in the front to get extra sun.. he was afraid of it at first, lol.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Awww poor boy, I guess it's possible, but I have never run across it before. It will just take a little patience a reassurance for him to get over this. Maybe treats will help.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Funny...but I'll say this, Dudley and I take our walks on pretty much the same route in the morning and throughout the day, but when it is dark, he won't go down the one street. It's dark, the street light is down at the end of the street and except in winter, it's pretty muted because of the leaves on the trees. He will NOT let me walk that way. He digs in and won't move. Now, if my boyfriend is with us...not a problem, he'll go that way without a problem, but not if it's just him and me. We have to take the other route, which is well-lit! He'll go out in the backyard without a light...but not down that street!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm sure it's possible, if they are afraid of a box or a ceiling fan I'm sure they could be afraid of the dark too.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.