Yeti dog chews

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
So I wrote in a other thread but didn't want to hijack it, about this chew I buy for porky
8ymyjena.jpg
it's a hardened cheese chew made from yak n cow milk!!
ebeby5a7.jpg
it's pretty good sized n lasts her about a week give or take $13 they make different sizes that one is the large one!!!! We were buying her elk antlers but they would splinter n cause her to cough for a while after she chewed it so this is our alternative!! So far (this is her 4th one) she has done great with them no coughing no gagging :) they have a slight odor but nothing intolerable!!! Well just thought id share lol

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
They r pretty cool n porky loves them too :) and [MENTION=9632]HandsomeUlysses[/MENTION] told me when they get small u can put them in the microwave for a minute let then stand for 15 mins n then give it to them n it's like popcorn :) so u dont waste any of it :)

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Interesting, I have never seen them before. [MENTION=5186]porkysmamma[/MENTION] what does the microwave do to them? Does it make it soft?

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Interesting, I have never seen them before. [MENTION=5186]porkysmamma[/MENTION] what does the microwave do to them? Does it make it soft?

I think so lol I haven't tried it yet but I believe it changes the texture so they can chew it easily and not choke on it

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Thanks, very interesting.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I just bought Banks this for her birthday last week..... She loves it but holy moly was a mess she makes! It is now only used on the deck or patio

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
We have something similar here . Stiggy would chew on it till it gets really small. He loves it so much that we have to set a time limit. But I agree that they can get really messy. Never let them chew one on your bed! :no: unless you like sleeping with crumbs!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I will have to look for these. I know Harlea wold probably love it as she eats just about anything.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I've given these to the boys as well. I like them except for the super-messiness they make, so they're only allowed to have these outdoors. It makes me nervous tho when they get a little smallish b/c i'm afraid they'll choke on it. I've tried the microwave trick and they get a little "gummy" so easier to chew and digest, i suppose, but i still watch 'em like a hawk at that point b/c i'm just paranoid of the choking issue.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It makes me nervous tho when they get a little smallish b/c i'm afraid they'll choke on it.

at this point, is when I would just trash it. They love them, but not sure Iwill buy them again. as you said, the mess so outdoors only and winter is not far off so they will not be able to be outside with them.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
That's really weird porky doesn't make any mess at all with hers she chews it on our black couch n I've never noticed any crumbs or anything lol maybe it's a different brand or something

HandsomeUlysses

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Interesting, I have never seen them before. @porkysmamma what does the microwave do to them? Does it make it soft?

It becomes like a hard meringue like consistency. Let it stand for 15 mins though, it gets hot.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting, I have never seen them before. @porkysmamma what does the microwave do to them? Does it make it soft?

It becomes like a hard meringue like consistency. Let it stand for 15 mins though, it gets hot.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.