UGH!

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
my husband accidently bought Blue Wilderness dog food instead of puppy, is it going to mess their tummys up? kinda worried about giving it to them especially Memphis

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Not sure about that food, look at the ingredients to see if they are the same. The adult will have less fat and a little different protein level, which shouldn't hurt anything. But id the ingredients are not the same you will need to do a transition.

GusBus

Apr 21, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
I'm not sure you can "move around" in that brand without causing a little stomach upset. I honestly have no idea, can you return it?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Lots of stores will allow you to return/exchange the dog food,even if you've opened it already. (still have the receipt?)

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I switched my dogs to wilderness blue a while back because of the allergy issues we have with our frenchton. Our Dermatologist vet recommended we switch his food to a free range animal like bison or duck. At the time we were feeding them the salmon one. Since we already buyers of blue we just switched to wilderness and bought the duck one

Our non-EB dogs are 3 and 4 and our 3 year old bugg had some problems with the switch for about 2 days. Our frenchton did not have any issues. Neither were find of the duck BTW they like the bison much more.

When we got our EB a couple of weeks ago we switched his food to wilderness puppy. Even though we gradually introduced it to him he still has a bit of soft served but then again we don't know if it is def from the switch or the fact that he keeps getting into our older dogs food.

With that said, I would probably go back and trade in the wilderness for the regular just to be safe. The only reason we are sticking to wilderness is because of existing food allergies with our oldest pup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Also fair to mention that with the older dogs we did not gradually introduce the food to them. We just did a full out switch. The 3 y/o that had problems didn't have diarrhea but her stool softened significantly. She also has a weaker stomach then our older guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It could cause tummy issues, but you can do bland diet for a day or two in between if you are completely out and can't do a transition right now. So you have options :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
thanks guys he took it back

Most Reactions