Switching from Fromm grain free to Fromm? Thoughts?

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Hi guys! So I have been feeding my guys Fromm grain free for probably a year and a half now, I want to try taking them off of the grain free and giving them the regular Fromm Four-Star line, I really want to try the Whitefish & Potato recipe. So my question is- Can I just give them the new food? Or do I need to do a gradual switch between the grain free and the new food? I know that with the grain free recipes you can just switch up the flavors whenever. Thanks!! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think you are still good with a straight swtich..... Lisa? [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I've heard you can straight switch which is why I put Ruthie on Fromm Pork and Peas. She loves it!

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
From what I've read the four star line is interchangeable. I'm not sure if it applies to grain/grain free but as said previously I would imagine so

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm fairly sure you can switch freely, just from experience. Sometimes I give 1/2 and 1/2 between grain free and not and I never saw any problems. To be on the safe side switch it up a little at first and see if there is any reactions :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
mcraven2

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I'm fairly sure you can switch freely, just from experience. Sometimes I give 1/2 and 1/2 between grain free and not and I never saw any problems. To be on the safe side switch it up a little at first and see if there is any reactions :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

That's what I was thinking too, just incase... Thanks for the advise everyone!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.