Help! His hives won't go away!

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
So we tried to switch his food on Wednesday and he immediately got hive from a small amount. I have been pumping him full of benedryl for the last few days and they will not go away. He isn't itchy and it doesn't seem to bother him but they look awful. His poop is also really soft. We stopped the probiotics Wednesday night and last night could that be why is poo is so soft? I washed all his bedding vacuumed and gave him a rinse thinking maybe it was from rolling in the grass and it didn't help at all. I feel so bad. I thankfully got him to use the pill pockets for his pheno and realized that they are chicken too but he has been using them for a few weeks with no problems. Maybe with trying to switch his food and the pill pockets both containing chicken are making them worse now. IDK I am at a loss.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I feel your pain. Im in the middle of food changes with Chum and different issues pop up with every food. Hang in there..right now im 3 days into the bland diet then im not sure what im doing.

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
I am thinking that we may need to go bland as well and try and come up with a game plan from there. We are going to go to the store and see if there is another option for the pill pockets that he won't be able to figure out.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hun...I'm so sorry y'all are going thru this!

Hives can take a few days to disappear, it's
good he's not seemingly too itchy. Fingers
& paws crossed they disappear asap & stools
firm up. Sending love :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hives can take a few days to disappear, just keep an eye on him which I know you already do... you are a great bully Momma!!! :D I use the pill pockets in peanut butter, haven't had an issue w/Winston as of yet. Sorry you are going thru so much right now Nichole, Hang in there girl!!! :hug:

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Hives can take a few days to disappear, just keep an eye on him which I know you already do... you are a great bully Momma!!! :D I use the pill pockets in peanut butter, haven't had an issue w/Winston as of yet. Sorry you are going thru so much right now Nichole, Hang in there girl!!! :hug:
Just gotta find the light at the end of the tunnel filled with bumps and crap LOL

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Finding the right food is always a challenge. Hope you find the right one soon.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online