Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
How do people like that look themselves in the mirror knowing they are doing this to innocent animals....it just torques my behind that people do this!!! God Bless you and your husband for reaching out and opening your home to another furry Baby!!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
His luck has changed for sure! :thumb3:I hope that there is some justice in the universe and people who do this to innocent animals get punished somehow!:angry:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Thank you to you and you husband. You are wonderful people.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bless his little heart, but now he will be loved and have a happy life. Thank you again for giving that to him. Can't wait to see pics.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So "lill Bugger" as I call him is SO adorable (even for not being a bully;)). While at the vet he didn't use his legs and was just falling when trying to walk but after his vitamin shot and resting in the car on the way home he came right:) I gave him a bath and left him to check the garden out before letting the others meet him. Joey was so happy and slobbered that poor puppy completely soaking wet, lol. I have a video of them meeting, will post it tomorrow (so tired now:lazy2:).

It's so sad seeing a baby puppy not knowing love:*(. He is very shy but once you have him close he is so happy to get some attention. He doesn't understand when given something from my hands, he keeps smelling around not getting were the smell comes from. While peeing he checks around like expecting to get yelled at and I don't think he has ever experienced a soft bed or toys:nope:. Going inside was also pretty scary so I guess he has been an outside dog. Luckily he is still very young (10-12 weeks maybe) so I'm hoping he isn't to traumatized from what he went through. He is really so sweet:heart: Him and me are going to sleep in the guest bedroom tonight, think we might get up a couple of times since he ate like if he had never seen food before in his life...

Pics and video coming up tomorrow:) I love him already, will see if I still do tomorrow morning, haha;).
Oh my goodness... makes me so sad :*( that poor baby!!! I'm so glad that you guys got him, and I can't wait to see the video w/Joey!!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
So "lill Bugger" as I call him is SO adorable (even for not being a bully;)). While at the vet he didn't use his legs and was just falling when trying to walk but after his vitamin shot and resting in the car on the way home he came right:) I gave him a bath and left him to check the garden out before letting the others meet him. Joey was so happy and slobbered that poor puppy completely soaking wet, lol. I have a video of them meeting, will post it tomorrow (so tired now:lazy2:).

It's so sad seeing a baby puppy not knowing love:*(. He is very shy but once you have him close he is so happy to get some attention. He doesn't understand when given something from my hands, he keeps smelling around not getting were the smell comes from. While peeing he checks around like expecting to get yelled at and I don't think he has ever experienced a soft bed or toys:nope:. Going inside was also pretty scary so I guess he has been an outside dog. Luckily he is still very young (10-12 weeks maybe) so I'm hoping he isn't to traumatized from what he went through. He is really so sweet:heart: Him and me are going to sleep in the guest bedroom tonight, think we might get up a couple of times since he ate like if he had never seen food before in his life...

Pics and video coming up tomorrow:) I love him already, will see if I still do tomorrow morning, haha;).

Oh Petra, I have a tear in my eye. I'm so glad they'll all be safe now. What kind of monster does this. And to replace a live dog where the dead dog was is sickening. My heart aches for all of them. This is beyond cruel, it's monsterous. I'm so glad Lucky is with you now. How sad to be that young and be so watching just while taking a pee. :cry:

Please send Riaan my thanks and hugs to you both! :angelheart:

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Aww, thanks again to you all:heart: when someone says bulldog puppy in need it's impossible to look the other way:*( Here there are no bulldogs in rescues so I was so sad hearing about this cos it felt it was the beginning of something bad:( It is of course equally bad with all dogs in rescues but it's a fact bulldogs do require a bit more care than most breeds.

I named this one Ture the Lucky Bugger, he's very sweet and careful. He has yet not made any noise and slept trough the WHOLE night without even getting up once. Very proud I am:yes:;)

He's settling in nicely and he's just ranting around waving his tail, eating all the food he can find, lol, so at least he eats like a bulldog:tongue: but that is just about the only thing similar to a bully.

Here is a lill video of him and Joey meeting... and a pic of him:) Any ideas what breeds could be in there? Scottish Terrier cross maybe? I have no clue:confused: but I'm SURE there are no bulldog in there, lol.

Sorry the quality is a bit bad and I realized how hard it is taking pics of a black dog...

Petra's pics 002.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151912087958447&saved

[video=facebook;10151912087958447]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151912087958447&set=vb.607848446&typ e=3&theater[/video]

[video=facebook;10151912087958447]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151912087958447&saved[/video]

Last edited:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
He's adorable ,bulldog or not he to deserves s chance of having a home xx
You both done amazing thing saving him x

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
How blessed is he that you & your husband rescued him from certain,
horrible, slow death. What a sweet face, just an adorable boy! Yes,
Joey is mothering him...she knows he should be playing & running, I
love Joey
:heart: GOD favor & bless you, yours & your home.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Forgot to say... SPCA came to fetch the rest of the adult dogs there. They were all tied up in the yard with no shade or water, I hope the "people" will pay for what they did one way or another...

Also Lucky did the cutest thing yesterday<3 Riaan told me he could not walk cos at the vet's office he just fell. So I carried him out of the car and immediately gave him a bath. After his bath I put him on the lawn and he went to pee and poop. He did walk a bit odd but within a few minutes he was running. He found one of the beds I have outside for the doggies and he was so happy:) Riaan my husband came out and reached down to him and he stretched out and licked his hand as if saying "Thank you for taking me away from that place". It was the cutest thing, especially since he's very shy and it takes some encouragement to get him to come to you.

So far so good, all get along and if it gets to much with 7 dogs we'll foster him till the right home comes up:)

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
How blessed is he that you & your husband rescued him from certain,
horrible, slow death. What a sweet face, just an adorable boy! Yes,
Joey is mothering him...she knows he should be playing & running, I
love Joey
:heart: GOD favor & bless you, yours & your home.

Thank you:heart: Joey is the sweetest ever when it comes to puppies, she's very caring and licks everyone in her family:) especially the Pug, I think Joey thinks Pug is her child, lol. They have always been very close and Lucky seems to wanna be close to Joey too. It's all just too cute, I'm all big smiles right now, so happy they all get along:)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG I had tears in my eyes watching the video... Joey is the sweetest bully momma!!! :heart: She's just trying to get that puppy to get up & play... Aww!!! Lucky is adorable, he looks like a mix of scottish terrier to me as well. I'm so glad that everything seems to be working out adding Lucky to the mix. You & Riaan are truly guardian angels, God bless both of you!!! :angelheart:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Awe look at those eyes!!! It just breaks my heart. I am thinking maybe some black lab in the mix. Bless you again for taking this baby in.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.