Puppy hopefully saved...

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I don't know what's going on exactly but my husband saw a post on FB directed to one of the SPCA's... it was about dogs that was tied up with ropes in some small garden in the frying sun with no food or water:( one had already died and in its place they had tied up a small bulldog puppy:*( I'm so mad, I :censored: hate some people.

My hubby immediately took the day off and is no heading to get the puppy. The dad of the girl posting on FB went to fetch the puppy as it might die of heat, right now the temperature where we live is 39 Celsius (just above 100 Fahrenheit).

Just talked to hubby and the puppy is now safe with the man who fetched him, the rope around his neck had cut in to his skin but he didn't mention any other serious issues. Puppy will go directly to the vet once my hubby get him, so will know more then.

Seems like we'll get another lill bugger added to our pack:heart: I just hope he's ok... or she... I don't know the sex or if it is a pure bulldog puppy... and I don't care. I was going mad here but I feel better now knowing the puppy is out if that horrible place.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
And of course plans will be made to get the rest of the dogs out of there too...

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh no, poor baby. I'm so glad someone posted that on FB, and someone was able to rescue him. So wonderful, you are going to take the little guy, and get him some vet help. God bless you guys, you are his Guardian Angel. I get so sad, and angry when I read stories like this, how do people live with themselves, who can treat helpless, innocent animals like this?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG Petra, that is horrible!!! :yell: I really don't understand WTH people are thinking, but unfortunately it happens a lot here in the States as well. I hope that your hubby is able to get that poor baby, and that the other dogs are rescued soon!!! Please keep us posted and know that we are all rooting for you guys... I agree w/Monica, you guys are truly Guardian Angels!!! :angelheart:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor baby, it breaks my heart the cruel things people do the these wonderful animals. Bless you and your husband for taking the pup in and we look forward in seeing pics of him or her.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I too...agree with all being said by everyone's comments so all I have to
add is that I am praying for all people involved and all animals get rescued.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Ppl make me sick they should be the ones tied up!!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Good thing you guys saw that post. Please keep us posted on his/her progress.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone:) Just got a call from hubby, it is not a bulldog puppy, it's a mix breed, he can't really tell what, lol. The puppy who my husband named "Lucky" is now at the vet, he got a nice check up, some fluids and a bath. Vet said he would have been dead in a few hours if left alone in the sun:*( He will be staying with us, I just hope he'll get along with our other 6 dogs when grown... I have to say I'm a bit nervous about that:ashamed: But if not we'll make a plan, at least he's alive:) Will post a pic of him when they get home, bulldog or not puppies are CUTE:heart:

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Way to go, you and your husband must be some amazing people. Lucky's name is definitely a suitable one, I wish you all (dogs included, of course) the best!

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Poor baby, it breaks my heart the cruel things people do the these wonderful animals. Bless you and your husband for taking the pup in and we look forward in seeing pics of him or her.

Agreed 100%

And definitely looking forward to pics and progress!

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Some people need to be punched in the head then left chained in the hot sun. I bet they wouldn't do it to their dogs after that. Hopefully the bully is ok and makes a great new addition to the pack!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks everyone:) Just got a call from hubby, it is not a bulldog puppy, it's a mix breed, he can't really tell what, lol. The puppy who my husband named "Lucky" is now at the vet, he got a nice check up, some fluids and a bath. Vet said he would have been dead in a few hours if left alone in the sun:*( He will be staying with us, I just hope he'll get along with our other 6 dogs when grown... I have to say I'm a bit nervous about that:ashamed: But if not we'll make a plan, at least he's alive:) Will post a pic of him when they get home, bulldog or not puppies are CUTE:heart:

Fantastic news... so happy you are able to give him a great new home ! I am sure the other pups in your pack with help him/her find her place. Best of luck and look forward to pictures.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thank GOD!!! Well I hope he works out w/your gang, but if not at least I know you will find him a good home!!! KUDDOS to you & your hubby!!! :D

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
So "lill Bugger" as I call him is SO adorable (even for not being a bully;)). While at the vet he didn't use his legs and was just falling when trying to walk but after his vitamin shot and resting in the car on the way home he came right:) I gave him a bath and left him to check the garden out before letting the others meet him. Joey was so happy and slobbered that poor puppy completely soaking wet, lol. I have a video of them meeting, will post it tomorrow (so tired now:lazy2:).

It's so sad seeing a baby puppy not knowing love:*(. He is very shy but once you have him close he is so happy to get some attention. He doesn't understand when given something from my hands, he keeps smelling around not getting were the smell comes from. While peeing he checks around like expecting to get yelled at and I don't think he has ever experienced a soft bed or toys:nope:. Going inside was also pretty scary so I guess he has been an outside dog. Luckily he is still very young (10-12 weeks maybe) so I'm hoping he isn't to traumatized from what he went through. He is really so sweet:heart: Him and me are going to sleep in the guest bedroom tonight, think we might get up a couple of times since he ate like if he had never seen food before in his life...

Pics and video coming up tomorrow:) I love him already, will see if I still do tomorrow morning, haha;).

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online