AHHHH POOP

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
ok it is to my understanding that if you feed your dog crappy dog food they will poop alot more, Memphis poops quite a bit she even poops in the kennel, how long will it take for her body to adjust to the better food ive been feeding her Blue Wilderness Grain free since Sunday evening, is this her problem or is there more to it? is she stressed maybe? i dont know its just kinda weird to me because Rebel only pooped in his kennel one time and that was the first night we brought him home at 7 1/2 weeks

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I always say that i wont eat crap so why my dog should -so i should try to feed him the best quality i can afford (not the price wise but quality wise)
Some foods made my girls poo less , and stools where softer -different brands require different amount of feeding ,some less some more , but if i overfeed i see that they either have sift poos or nice and firm but huge .
Give it few more weeks if nothing improve maybe it is time to find new food
Not every brand is good every dog , we all been through switching foods and finding a right one for our babies
It could be a stress ,but sometimes accidents do happen xx
Please keep us updated on how your baby is doing x

Last edited:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I totally agree with Pati I believe its probably stress and I have read on here it can take up to four weeks for a food to completely get out of a dogs system Hang in there hugs and love....

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
How old is Memphis? I hope you get the poopies sorted out, it certainly is no fun. There is so many possibilities when it comes to poop. Over feeding, immature digestive system, parasites, and if course during and after a switch it takes time for them to adjust.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
She is going through several adjustments. New home, new family, new brother, new food-she probably is nervous, also. I had a rescue Malanois. It took him about a month to settle in, and give him good food(he was eating crap) It took a month for his digestive system to settle. Whenever he got nervous about something-his stool would be loose for a day or two. Isn't she also in heat? That sometimes can affect their stools also. Big changes in a short time.

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
ya i was thinking that too, shes going through alot at one time, poor baby, i cant wait for Rebel and her to be able to play in peace and she can enjoy her new home, thank you so much to everyone, im so glad i joined this group you guys help me so much

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Yeah, and it may be that she is just so sick she can't hold her poop when she's in the kennel no matter how hard she tries. Patience, young padawan... hopefully things would get better soon.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
When I fed middle duchess had issue with blue buffalo come to find out it was due to the richness of the food.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I had issues w/Blue Buffalo too... lots of gas & loose stools!!! I ended up switching to Fromms.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.