Digging at the carpet

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
This week I have been on vacation which means lots of Tubby Mommy time. Well Tubby has started this new thing. He will be sleeping on the carpet , wakes up, sniffs where he's been sleeping then does like 2 - 3 little digs or scratches an cuddles bak up and falls asleep.

What is this little weirdo doing?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
OMG this is soooooo true and sooooo funny! I must laugh when my girls sniff the rug. Yep. You were sitting there! Sometimes digging but usually just to get cozy.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:babysleep:This is quite normal behaviour, they do it out of instinct, like digging or burrowing. A dog will scratch the place they want to lay down, it's a nesting thing, when they prepare to go to sleep, they do this to mark the spot, and to make his surroundings more comfortable.

B

Baxter Tiberius

Baxter will lay on his side, find a tucked in corner of his bed, and start scraping away at it while sniffing. It looks like digging, but he gets really really into it. Sometimes lets out a "Yelp!" and when I look over, he's just got his face buried in a crevice. He looks over at me, and dozes off. Cuz he's already laying down.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Haha that right there is y roger n I wake up every morning with noooo covers on.....bcuz porky has to sleep between us n when she nests she walks in circles digging n pulling the blankets to the middle lol spoiled rotten puppy :) hehe

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Yep. Duddy does the same thing. He'll be a sleep on "his" chair, wake up, get up, turn around, scratch at the cushion, lay down and go back to sleep. Makes me laugh. He does the same thing in his crate, on the floor...wherever he happens to be sleeping! Funny dogs!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea does this every now and then. More so on her fluffy bed. She will nest it until she gets it how she wants it then plop down and doze off for a few hours.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wish I knew too..... Banks does this a little bit, but my Frenchie does it CONSTANTLY --- I call it 'nesting'

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.